Snapshot: II

Snapshot: The Stag and the Doe

You could call James a lot of things, just ask Lily, but liar isn't one of them. So when he stood on that stage at graduation and declared that he would marry Lily one day, soon if she'd let him, he wasn't fucking around.

It took some convincing.

James just started to slip the idea into everyday conversation.

"When we get married..."

"Instead of having a hens party the night before our wedding you should have a doe party! Get it? Since I get a stag party?"

"I think a spring a wedding would be the best, don't you? Think of the flowers!"

And so on and so fourth.

Lily would mostly just roll her eyes and swear black and blue that they wouldn't be getting married for years yet. But Lily is so fucking soft for James Potter that, that didn't last long.

So when he actually got down on one knee, Lily Evans caved and today she would become Lily Potter.

McGonogal had helped us to secetly ferry in a bunch of our closest friends from Hogwarts, their families and of course Dumbledor and herself, they couldn't miss this.

I walked in first, Lily's only bridesmaid (unless you count Remus who Lily and James both fought ovver) (Peter was the flower boy) in a blush pink dress with cherry blossoms in my hair. James was waiting at the end of th aisle but I wasn't looking at him, I had locked eyes with Sirius, who's gaze was scorchingly hot on my face, my neck, my shoulders. I'm suprised I made it to the alter still intact and not a pile of ashes on the floor.

But I did make it and then the music swooped and the church doors swung open to reveal Lily, her hand tucked into the crook her fathers elbow.

Then James Potter proceeded to cry.

And not just damp in the eyes sort of cry, no. Big fat tears rolled down his cheeks as he watched the love of his life walk down the aisle towards him.

They had written their own vows.

Lily promised she would love him, even when she hated him. She promised she would laugh at all of his jokes, even the ones that weren't funny and that she would continue to fall in love with him more and more everyday.

James promised that he would make better jokes so that he could make her laugh everyday. He promised that any challenge they faced, they would face together as one and it would not break them. He then promised that he his life hadn't really begun until he met her and that the only life he intended to live was a life where he was completely in love with her.

Then they kissed and the church bells rang and everyone was crying because James and Lily just got married. It was the kind of day that made you believe anything is possible.

And we were right, anything and evrything is possible.

Good and bad.

~~~

AUTHORS NOTE

What's up, it's ya girl busting out these updates while I'm still motivated and have free time. What do ya think? Do ya like the snapshots?

Don't forget to vote and comment because it means the world to me!

*loves*

-J xx