XLV

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

Sirius and I woke up, wrapped up in his duvet covers in the Astronomy Tower. It was the rising sun that woke us, early in the morning. 

There was a shyness about the way he mumbled a sleepy "g'morning" into my hair and about the way I looked at him through my lashes.

I had slept in Sirius' shirt and I wasn't quite ready to part with it, his intoxicating smell making me dizzy. Earth and night air and smoke.

It was far too early for anyone to be up so we snuck through the deserted hallways, me just in Sirius' shirt, him in his trousers and and his duvet wrapped around his shoulders. Luckily the common room was empty too so we just headed for our rooms, our parting smiles still shy.

When I got up to my room, I had hoped the girls would be still asleep but it had seemed my luck had run out. I closed the door as quietly as I could and crossed over to my bed.

"So,"

Lily's voice made me practically jump out of my skin and I turned to see her sitting up in bed, smiling a sly smile as her green eyes took in my appearance.

"Where have you been?" She whispered, careful not to wake the other girls.

I tip toes over to her bed, my shy smile back again.

"The astronomy tower." I whispered back.

She hummed in response, tilting her head.

"Alone?"

"No."

She grinned and plopped down onto the bed next to her, my hands going up to push my hair out of my eyes.

"Almost sex hair or actual sex hair?" She asked, her voice carefully quiet, her smile tentatively excited.

I bit my lip and that was all she needed. She knew. I could tell she wanted to squeal and dance around but that would've woken everyone up. Instead her face lit up in a grin and she reached forward and grabbed my hand in both of hers, squeezing tightly. She didn't even have to say anything, I felt her words through her actions but she did anyway.

"I'm so happy for you."

"I'm happy for me too."

Mary shifted in the bed next to us, breaking our attention. Lily glanced over at the clock on her night stand and let out a long sigh.

"Honeymoon's over, love. We have to get to breakfast and pretend like we're not going to break in to the department of mysteries tonight."

I let out a laugh but it was more nervous than anything. Lily's right, the honeymoon is over and we have to remember what this day is really about.

Last night and this morning is all I get.

So we get ready.

We go to breakfast and dick around like normal. James smothering Lily with affection while she pretends to be annoyed but really loves it. Peter telling me about the latest muggle book he's reading while I steal the scrambled eggs from Remus' plate and he eats my French Toast. Sirius is the only different one. He holds my hand like normal, tracing patterns into my wrist and playing with my fingers, but the touch is all different. It warms me, my body echoing with memory. Memory of skin on skin, sweat and sighs and stars.