Chapter 1

Macy P.O.V.

I get out of bed and walk into my bathroom to get ready for my first day of freshman year. Wow, I think, I can't believe I'm finally a freshman. When I realize I'm done in there, I put on my clothes that I picked out last night, and head downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Good morning sweetheart. Are you ready for your first day?" My mom asks as I enter the kitchen.

"Morning," I say. "And I can't wait! I'm so excited to finally be in high school."

"Well in a few weeks you won't be jumping up and down just to go to high school. It's not as exciting as it seems. You'll get bored of it sooner or later," My older brother, Zeke, said as he came downstairs. He's gonna be a senior this year at Chino Hills High School, which is where I'm going to be going, also.

"Come on, don't kill my vibe with your morning attitude. I'm going to make high school my bi-" I started to say, until my mom interrupted me.

"Macy! Language, missy!!! You know I don't like when you use profanity in this house."

"Sorry mom, it was just a spur of the moment." I say as my brother is trying to hide his laughter behind me.

"Are you ready sis, if we don't leave soon we're probably gonna be late." My brother says as I go put my dishes in the sink.

"Yea, let me go grab my bag, and then we can go." After I say that, I run upstairs to grab my things. As I'm walking back downstairs, I get a text from my best friend, Paige, asking if we can pick her up and take her to school. "Hey, Zeke, is it ok if we pick up Paige on the way to school?"

"Yea, I guess. Now come on let's go."

We get into the car and pull out of the drive way.  It's about a 20 minute drive to the high school, and Paige lives about 5 minutes from my house so we get there pretty fast. My brother honks the horn, trying to let her know that we are here. Not even one minute later, and Paige comes running out of her house and into the back seat of my brother's car.

"Hey Macy, hi Zeke." She says as she buckles her seatbelt.

"Hey P, what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing, just internally freaking out because it's our first day of freshman year and we are going to be in the high school with a bunch of tall... Muscular... Scary teenagers who, some, probably look like they could eat me for breakfast so... But yea, other than that not much. What about you?" She says in one giant breathe.

I laugh a little, "Calm down, we'll be fine. If anything you should be thinking about how the high school has hotter boys than the middle school." I say, earning a glare from my brother.

"And if any of them try something on you, I'll beat them so bad that they'll wish they stayed in middle school." My brother said. Did I mention that he's a little overprotective at times. I guess it can be a good thing sometimes, but not always.

"Chill Zeke, I was joking. The only thing I'm looking forward to is basketball tryouts, which, sadly is in like two months. But I seriously can't wait to show the high school what I got."

If you couldn't already tell, I love basketball. I have ever since I was seven, when my dad put a basketball in my hands for the first time. Now, they can't keep it out of my hands, but that's not the point. The point is that the only reason I am so excited for freshman year, is because I can finally have a bigger, better competition in basketball games. I'm not even worried about not making the team, I mean, I don't like to brag, but I'm pretty dang good.

Anyways, we finally got to the school, and I was ready to jump out of my seat with excitement. Finally, I thought, the big house.

I practically yank Paige out of the car and start speed walking to the doors of the school. Totally ignoring my brother yelling at me to wait up, I open the big doors and just smile.

"Paige, we are finally in the big house. Aren't you excited!?!?" I basically yell into her face.

She gave me a weak smile and said, "Oh yea, totally, I just can't wait for the butt loads of homework, and the mean older students who live off of picking on the younger kids. It's gonna be a blast!" Wow, you could just here the sarcasm dropping in her voice. I just giggled and patted her back.

"Hey don't let the stereotypes fool you," I say. "High school is suppose to be fun, let's enjoy it while we can." She sighed, but nodded her head and smiled.

"Let's go get our schedules to see what classes we have together." She said. We start to walk until we realize, we don't know where the office happens to be. "Um, Macy, go ask that group of boys where the office is, while I wait over here for you." Paige said while giving me a little shove towards the group and a thumbs up. I roll my eyes and slightly giggle to myself. She is such an antisocial dork, but I gotta love her for it.

As I approach the group of boys, their conversation starts to dial down as they see me.

"Hi, I'm Macy." I say, "my friend and I are freshman and since this is our first day, we don't really know where the office is..." I trail off, but since none of the boys were making an effort to answer and just stood there staring at me, I continue, "Would any of you be willing to help us find it?"

"Um yea, I'll show you where it is." I look towards the voice to see a tall, lanky boy with curly hair that goes from brown to blonde start walking towards me. "My name's Lamelo by the way. Lamelo Ball."

If I said I didn't know who he was, I'd be lying. Anyone who is a basketball fan should know who Lamelo Ball, or any of the Ball brothers, were. Even if he is just in high school. This guy's a prodigy, a pretty cute one if I do say so myself. And, if I'm being honest, I didn't even see him in the group of boys until he said something. OK Macy, you can do this. Don't make a fool of yourself in front of THE Lamelo Ball. Just play it cool and stay calm.

"Well hi, Lamelo. I'm Macy, and this is my friend Paige," I say as Lamelo and I approach Paige.

"Hey," Paige says very quietly.

"She's nervous," I say. "She's just scared of the upper class men."

Lamelo slightly laughs, "No worries, there's nothing to be scared of. As long as you don't get on anyone's bad side, then you'll be fine." He says with a reassuring smile. Wow he has a really fricking adorable smi- FOCUS MACY, he's just being nice and helping you, that's all. We took a few turns throughout the hallways and walked for a little longer in silence until we finally reached our destination, the office.

"Here it is," Lamelo said.

"Thank you, we probably would've gotten lost if we would have tried to find it ourselves." I say with a small smile.

"Anytime," he said. *RIIIIIIINNNNNNNG* "Well I better get going. Have a good first day, and trust me, high school's not that bad," he said with a slight chuckle as he started to walk away.

"Ok, bye, thanks again." Paige and I say. I turn around with a big smile, wow, I can't believe I just talked to THE Lamelo Ball.