Chapter 7

Macy's P.O.V.

The bell FINALLY rang, signaling that it was time for lunch. Finally they decide to feed me!!!

I basically run to my locker and throw my stuff inside.

"Hurry up, Paige! We're gonna be late, and I'm STARVING!!!" I start to rush as she gives me an annoyed look.

"No one's holding you back, why don't you just ditch me and go to your oh so precious food? I have to wait for O anyway," she giggles, as she smiles to herself.

"Oh, okay," I say, as I smirk and turn around, starting to run to the lunchroom. These people are gonna get mowed over, if they don't get out of my way. I am a hungry teen, and I have no mercy!

As I kept running, dodging people here and there, I see Melo. When I get close enough to him, I grab his elbow and start to pull him with me.

"Come on we gotta go get food man, stop messy around, this is important!" I shouted, as he is laughing and running right behind me.

"Ok, geez woman," he laughs and grabs my shoulder, slowing me down.

"What do you think you're doing, we can't slow down now, we're almost there!" I look at him bewildered at the fact that he slowed me down. This boy is lucky that I am fond of him, or else I'd be tearing him a new one. No one, and I mean NO ONE, slows me down when it comes to food.

"Haven't you noticed that there is no one behind us," I give him a confused look. So, that doesn't mean that I can't be in a hurry for food. I LOVE food, and he knows that.

"So! I don't care, I need food,"

"Yea, but since no one's behind us, we don't have to worry about anyone going in front of us..."

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, I could be the last person on earth and I'd STILL run for food. Now, stop walking and let's hurry up man!" Melo just shakes his head and laughs.

"Ok, ok, let's go."

We FINALLY get to the cafeteria and stand in line.

"You know, if you wouldn't have stopped me, we wouldn't be this far back in the line," I say as he starts to laugh at me, again.

We finally get our food and sit down at a table. It's silent for a while, until Melo says my name.

"Hey, Macy?" I look up at him and realize that he looks nervous.

"Yea?" I respond.

"Um, we have a game on Friday and I was wondering if maybe- I mean you don't have to, but- could you possibly- you know, nevermind," he stops his rambling and starts to pick at his food, silent.

"Come one, Melo, you can ask my anything. You know that right?" I tell him as I put my hand on his, so he will stop messing with his food. He looks up at me and sighs.

"Ok, I was wondering if, maybe, you'd like to wear my other jersey to the game, and sit by my parents?" He asks, rushing it.

I look at him and smile. "I'd love too," I tell him, while trying to hide my blush.

"REALLY!?!?" He says, until he clears his throat. "I mean, um, yea, cool, thanks," he tries to play it off cool, but it's kinda too late for that. Is he really that excited for me to wear his jersey? Oh well.

I smile at him and go back to eating my food. Today hasn't been too bad so far.

~~~

I was standing at my locker, grabbing the books I needed to take home for homework.

"Hey M, I'm not riding back with you today, O and I are going to the park a few blocks over, to hang out," Paige says, as she closes her locker, and stands next to me.

"Ok, have fun," I say winking at her. She starts to blush as O and Melo walk up to us.

"Hey, are you ready Paige?" O asks her. She nods her head and waves bye to Melo and I, as O and her walk out the doors.

"I ship it. I can see it now. Oge, the high school sweethearts," I joke, while talking to Melo.

"Yea, she's all he ever talks about," Melo says, as he rolls his eyes and laugh.

I smile at him as I close my locker.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Yea, I'm ALWAYS ready to leave school," I say laughing. He just looks at me and smiled, as we start walk towards the door.

"Does your brother know you are leaving with me?"

"No, but I can text him. He shouldn't mind," I tell him.

"You sure about that, because he didn't look too fond of me the other day," Melo informs me, although I already knew.

I giggle to myself and look at him. "That's because he didn't like the fact that his little sister has a guy friend. If you couldn't tell, he's a bit overprotective," I tell him.

"Oh trust me, I could tell. It kinda scared me to be honest," he nervously laughed.

"Don't sweat it. He's all talk, but in reality, he wouldn't do a thing, except maybe give you a very stern talking to," I say, laughing as I try to imagine my brother giving Lamelo a stern talking to. Yea, he wouldn't be very intimidating.

"Ok, whatever you say. Come on let's head to the car," he says as he grabs my hand and starts dragging me towards where they parked the car. "Also, you are coming to my house again today, so text your mom."

"Wow, you're a demanding child, but ok." I chuckle as I pull out my phone to text my mom.

We reach the car, which Gelo is already at, and start to climb in.

"You guys take forever," Gelo says annoyed. "What were you doing anyways, huh?"

"Nothing, we were just talking," Melo tells him.

"Suuuuuure you were," Gelo says smirking. I start to blush as Lamelo slaps Gelo's shoulder.

"Shut up, that's all we did," he said defensively, trying to hide his blush.

"My mom said I was able to come over."

"Yes!" Melo says excitedly.

I laugh to myself as we start to approach his house. Wow, this car ride went fast. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

Hey, sorry I didn't update yesterday, but no worries, there will be to today. :-)