Chapter 4

Lamelo's P.O.V.

We arrive to my house in what felt like no time, and before I knew it, Macy had sprinted out of the car and to the front door, anxiously waiting to go inside.

"Dang girl, I mean, I know I'm fun to hang out with, but my house ain't that exciting!" I shouted at her while laughing. As I was approaching her, the front door swung open and there stood my other older brother, Lonzo.

"Hey little bro," he says to me. "Who's this?" He asks while smirking at me, and glancing at Macy.

"She's my friend, Macy. Macy this is my other brother, Lonzo," I answer him and inform Macy.

"Oh, hi, I've never heard Melo talk about you," Lonzo said with a confused look on his face.

"That's because I just met her today," I say with a "duh" tone in my voice.

"Oh, cool, well have fun. I just came down to pick something up that I left here over the weekend. Don't get into trouble bros, see ya later. And nice meeting you, Macy," Lonzo shouted to us as he headed towards his car. As I was watching Lonzo leave, I noticed that O and Paige weren't by the car anymore.

"Hey, where'd O and Paige go?" I ask Gelo as he started walking into the house.

"O wanted to take his stuff back to his place, so they went there," he replied.

"Oh, ok, well do you want to put your stuff in my room?" I asked Macy as we walked into my house. She didn't answer me, so I looked behind me to see what she was doing. I slightly chuckled to myself as I realized she was looking around my house in awe. I don't know why, because my house isn't to impressive, it's just a house.

"Helllllllloooooo, earth to Macy, are you listening?" I ask while waving my hands in her face.

"What? Oh, sorry, did you say something?" She asked me with a look of innocence on her face.

"Yea, I asked if you wanted to go put your stuff in my room," I repeat as she starts to nod her head.

"Yea, sure, that sounds good to me," she answers as she starts to follow me up to my room. I opened the door and sat on my bed, waiting for her to find a spot to put her stuff down. As she walked in, she started walking around my room looking at my stuff. I mean, my room isn't to impressive, but I still have a few posters and pictures here and there.

I couldn't help but admire her as she was walking around my room. I know I just met her, but she's so sweet... And funny... And cool... And cu-

"Helllllllloooooo, Melo, did you hear what I said?" She cut me off from my thoughts as I looked up and shook my head.

"Sorry, I zoned out."

"That's ok, I just wanted to tell you that I like your room," she said with a smile. Wow, her smile's really pretty.

"Thanks. So... What do you wanna do?" I asked her.

"Uhm, I don't know, it's your house. What do you usually do?" She asked as she giggled. I could get used to hearing that.

I smiled to myself as I got an idea. "Wanna go out back and play basketball?" I asked with a smirk. I saw her eyes light up at the mention do basketball.

"Yes! I'd love too!" She shouted as she began to slightly start jumping up and down with excitement.

"Dang girl, calm down, I didn't know you liked basketball THAT much," I said with a chuckle. "Wait, do you even ball?" I asked her curiously, cause I don't think she'd be getting this excited for basketball if she didn't play, right.

"Of course I do! I LOVE basketball! It's my favorite, and best, sport," she answered with a smirk on her lips. Welp, I was right. Also, I think she just got cooler.

"Well ok then, maybe I'll have a little competition for once, that is... If you can handle me," I challenge as I walk out of my room smirking, while she is trailing behind me.

"Wow, cocky much? Bring it Ball, I bet I BALL better than you do," she started laugh as I gave her a playful, annoyed look.

"Did you really just use my last name in a basketball pun?" I asked her with a small smile.

"That depends on how you choose to look at it, but to me, yes, yes I did. It was a pretty good one too, if I do says so myself," She responded with a proud look on her face as we finally got out back.

I chuckled to myself, "Whatever you say. Imma go grab a basketball really quick and then we'll start the game, ok?" I ask as I start to walk towards where we keep our basketballs.

"Ok, but I need to warm up first, you never know, I could pull something. I'm getting old ya know, and I recommend you warm up too, you're older than me so there's more of a risk for you!" she yelled towards me as she began to laugh to herself. She sure is something else. I chuckle to myself as I grab two balls and start jogging back towards her.

"Whatever you say, mom," I tell her as I start to warm up.

"How can I be your mom when, like I said, you're older than me. I don't think that's how things work around here, or at least that's what I learned in school, I don't know about you though," she said, laughing at her own joke again.

"Whatever," I say again as I playfully roll my eyes and shoot the ball, making a swoosh into the basket. Although, what kinda surprised me, was that not even a second later, she shot the ball, in almost the same exact spot as me, making a swoosh into the net, also. "Dang, you can ball can't ya, or was that just luck?" I ask, teasing her as I went to to grab both balls.

"Oh, it wasn't just luck, like I said, basketball is my favorite, and best sport," she said with a small shrug and challenging smirk.

"Well then, let the games begin," I say as I toss her the ball and get into my position.

This should be fun.