Chapter 53

Lamelo's P.O.V.

Gosh, I'm dreading this. I don't wanna face my dad, let alone tell him that I am not staying home tonight. He'll be pissed because that means that he will have to lecture us tomorrow, and then he'll be thinking about it all night, but that's not my problem. I continue walking with Mace and Gelo, trying to think about how I'm gonna tell him that Gelo and I are staying at Macy's. Maybe Gelo will do it... Nah, he's not that nice.

We reach my parents and my dad gives Macy a small, forced smile, she returns one and looks towards my mom, who started talking to her. Right as she turned her head, my dad gave me a death glare.

"Boy, what took you so long!?" he exclaims, trying to stay calm since Macy is here.

"I was just thinking..." I mumble, not wanting to talk to him right now.

"Well think in the car, we gotta go home. We have things to do," he hints at. Like we have anything to do at almost 11 o'clock, we all know what he is talking about, or at least Gelo and I do.

"Actually, dad, Macy wants Melo and I to stay over. She thinks we need to have a sleepover to get our minds off of our loss tonight," Gelo states. Maybe he is that nice.

"Well, I'm sorry, but they can't. Like I said we have things to do."

"She's just trying to be nice dad, please," I speak up, giving my parents, more like my mom, a hopeful look. He was about to protest again, but I think my mom got the hint.

"Honey, just let them go have fun, they deserve it. Be home by at least three tomorrow," she gives me and Gelo a smile, along with a wink. "Let's go Lavar, it's getting late." Our dad starts to follow our mom, mumbling a quiet "Goodbye, have fun," to us, looking unimpressed. I love my mom so much! She's a life saver.

Gelo and I follow Macy and Zeke out to Zeke's car. The walk there is silent, until we get into the car.

"You guys need to try to cheer up. Let's turn on some Migos!" Macy exclaims. She grabs the aux cord and turns on Dat Way. She starts jamming out to the music, along with Zeke and kind of Gelo, as I watch her in admiration. I love this girl, so much! I'm so blessed to have her.

She nudges my shoulder, urging me to dance along with her. I chuckle at her enthusiasm and start to move around in my seat. She's already making tonight great.

~~~

Macy's P.O.V.

I feel like my plan for tonight has been a success. I don't know about how Zeke is doing with Gelo, but I think that I have made Lamelo feel better than he was earlier, after his game. We just got done attempting to make cookies. Although, it mostly consisted of us eating the dough, and throwing ingredients at each other.

"Macyyyyyy, I'm tiiiiireeeeeed!" Lamelo whines as we walk up the stairs.

"Well then let's go to bed," I laugh.

"I'm game," he agrees.

We walk into my room and I jump on my bed. I'm just gonna sleep in what I'm wearing since it's a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Lamelo takes off his shirt and jumps into my bed, right next to me. He grabs me by my waist and pulls me into him.

"Thanks for letting Gelo and I stay here tonight, it really means a lot," he whispers.

"Anytime, Melo. Your more than welcome," I respond. He pulls me closer and kisses my cheek.

"Goodnight, babe. I love you."

"I love you, too. Goodnight," I whisper, closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.