Chapter 21

Lamelo's P.O.V.

I'm not going to lie, it took a while for me to figure out the best way to ask out Macy, and since my idea involves basketball, I am now going to ask her after school, after practice.

"I'm nervous," I say, as I'm eating my breakfast.

"Don't be bro, it'll go great, I promise. Lighten up, you have all day to mentally prepare yourself," Gelo jokes, although, to me, it's not funny.

"Shut up, I'm usually never nervous for anything," I defend.

"That's because you're cocky," Gelo points out.

"Am not, I'm just confident," I say matter-of-factly.

"Whatever," he says.

"Yea, are you ready to leave?" I ask him, trying to get on another subject. The more I think about this, the more I question if I'm doing the right thing. You know what, don't over think this Melo, it'll be fine, perfectly fine.

"Yea, let's go."

I grab my bags and follow Gelo out to the car. We aren't taking Macy to school today, because she said she wanted to sleep in a little longer. I don't blame her though.

The car ride was mostly silent. Every few minutes Gelo would ask me a question about how I've been, or what I'm gonna do to ask her.

Yea, he doesn't know my plan for asking her, yet. I mean, he did give me one, but that just made me think of my own. Personally, mines better.

We arrived at the school, after what felt like forever. I walk in and head towards my locker, finding O on the way.

"Hey, Melo, what's up?" He asked.

"Nothing, just dreading school. What about you?"

"Eh, pretty much the same as you," there was a short pause before he continued. "Why do you look nervous?"

"What makes you think that I'm nervous?" I ask him. Is it really that noticeable?

"Well, I'm just guessing your nervous, because the last time I saw you look like this was before your first interview."

"I wasn't nervous then! I was just... Tired! Yea, I was tired, so that's why I probably looked nervous right now, because I'm tired," I defended, while nodding my head. I WAS nervous that day, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Suuuuuure you were," he said, letting go of the conversation.

We walked further down the hallway in silence, until we reached my locker, that is.

"So, why ARE you nervous?" O asked, again.

"I already told you, I'm not nervous," I said, casually, as I was putting my books into my locker.

"Melo, I'm not stupid. You don't get nervous to often, so when you do, it's pretty obvious."

I sigh to myself. Looks like I've been caught. I look up at O and see him raising his eyebrows at me, awaiting his answer.

"Ok, yes I'm nervous," I sigh in defeat, "but I have a perfectly good reason!" I exclaim, pointing my finger at him.

"And that is..."

"I'm going to ask Macy out after practice tonight," I respond, quietly.

"Aww, my little Melo is finally growing an interest in girls, I see," O says while messing up my hair, or trying to, anyways.

"Shut up," I say, swatting his hand away from my head. He just laughs at me, and waits patiently for me to finish at my locker.

"Hey, I was wondering if maybe you and Paige would be interested in helping me ask out Macy?" I ask O, nervously, as I close my locker, and we start to walk to first period.

"Of course man!" O exclaimed. "Paige and I would be honored to, especially Paige."

"Awesome! Would you be able to talk to her about it? I don't want Macy to get suspicious."

"Yea, no problem man."

"Thanks bro, this means a lot," I tell him, relieved that I have some help for this.

~~~

Macy's P.O.V.

Is it just me, or is everyone acting a little strange today?

I've asked myself this question multiple times today. I have a good reasoning, though. Melo has been slightly distant, and awkward. Is it because of the kiss? I hope not, if anything, he's the one who kissed me. So, he shouldn't be distant from me, right? It was all on him, not that I minded it though, because it was a pretty amazing kiss, and I have been waiting for him to do that for a loooooong time. Anyway, focus Macy! Maybe he's just having an off day, and he doesn't want it to affect anyone, so he's being distant. Yea, that's it, it's just an off day.

Anyways, he's not the only one who has been acting weird. Paige, O, Gelo, AND Eli have ALL been acting weird today, also. I mean, I know I don't talk to Gelo and Eli too much at school, but it is quite obvious that they have been acting weird, too.

I know for sure, though, that Paige and O are acting weird. And no, not in the whole lovey dovey kind of weird. It's the kind of weird where they AREN'T acting all lovey dovey. Like they've been really thinking something through, ALL day.

Is there a bad vibe going around, a virus? Are they all sick? Did I cause them to act like this? If so, they should at least confront me about it, so I don't feel all awkward. Oh well, I'll have to find out sooner or later, right?

~~~

Lamelo's P.O.V.

Oh no, is Macy onto us? She's been giving me this weird look all day, and I've seen her give it to everyone else in on my plan, also. Even Eli! Ugh, Gelo must've told him, and he wonders why I don't tell him anything.

It's the end of the day, and all day I've been questioning if Macy knows anything about my plan. I've asked everyone, and they all said that they didn't tell her anything. It must just be my imagination. Maybe I'm so worried about my plan that I'm seeing signals and signs that aren't actually there. She did seem rather off today, though, like she was uncomfortable all day. I wonder why.

Anyways, the final bell just rang, and I'm heading over to my locker with O.

"All we have is practice left bro, then you get to ask out Macy. Aren't you excited!?!?" O exclaimed, over excitedly, in my opinion anyway.

"If anything, I'm getting more nervous the closer we get to the moment," I tell him, truthfully.

"No worries man, it'll go great, I promise. It's like you guys are meant to be."

"Yea," I say, unconvinced. What if we aren't?

~~~

Gelo, Eli, O, and I just got out of the locker room, and we're heading towards Gelo and Eli's car. All of us are going to my house, cause they are all helping with this.

Before we arrived at my place, we picked up Paige, since she is a part of this, too. Once we arrived to my house, we all went inside to start to get everything ready. I texted Macy just a little bit ago, asking her to come over at 7, giving us some time to get everything ready.

Ding Dong

Is it 7 already!?!? Oh my gosh, I don't think I'm ready for this! I internally start to panic. Everyone was looking at me, waiting for me to go open the door.

"Come on, Melo, we don't got all day," Eli urged.

"Yea, I'll go get it," I say, snapping out of my thoughts.

I jogged downstairs and opened the door. I see Macy waiting patiently outside. Gosh, she is so beautiful.

"Hey, Melo," she said with a smile, as I take a step to the side, welcoming her in.

"Hey," I say back.

Man, I sure hope I don't mess this up.