Chapter 14

*Game Day*

Macy's P.O.V.

Today's my first high school game, and to be honest, I couldn't be more nervous. Although, I'm not going to let anyone know I'm nervous, but I am. Yet, I couldn't be more excited, either.

"Hey," I turn around and see Lamelo walking towards me. "Are you excited for today."

"Of course man, I've been waiting for this forever!"

"Good," he said with a smile.

"Yea," I agreed, as we started walking to first period.

~~~

School ended about an hour ago, but here I am, back at it.  It's ok though, cause it's for my first game. I'm now, more nervous than ever.

My team and I are warming up right now, and all is well so far. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Dang, I hope I don't mess up tonight. Especially in front of Melo.

Speaking of which, Melo and his family just walked into the gym. Great, they ALL came early to watch. Melo catches my eye and gives me a big smile, and waves.

I give him a small smile and wave back. The buzzer goes off, and now it's time for the game to begin. Here goes nothing.

I jog over to the bench with my team and we get into a huddle. I coach gives us a small pep talk, and then we stand in a line for the national anthem.

The national anthem just got done and now, I don't know how, but I think I'm more nervous than I was just a little bit ago. As I'm anxiously waiting for the announcer to call my name, I start to play with my jersey. What if I don't play good enough to stay on varsity? What if I can't shoot right, and miss every one of my shots? What if I embarrass myself and trip, or fall, when I have a break? As these questions keep going through my head, I finally hear my name.

"At 5'10, and a freshman, give it up for Macy Hanson!"

I jump up from my sitting position, and jog through the tunnel of my teammates, getting, and giving out, high fives. Once I get to the rest of the starters and stand there, waiting for the final one, I glance around, and make eye contact with Lamelo. He gives me a giant smile and a thumbs up. I really hope I don't mess up in front him.

The ref blows the whistle and we all get into our spots for the jump off. My team gets the ball and they toss it to me. Here goes nothing.

~~~

The final buzzer goes off and I couldn't be happier. My team won, 52-45!!! And I didn't mess up!!!

We get into a line to shake hands, and say good game to the other team. After we're  done shaking hands, we all start to jog towards the locker rooms. Right before I enter the door to head towards the locker room, I feel someone grab my shoulder. I turn around, and see Lamelo I his Chino Hills warm up jersey, ready to start his warm ups for his game.

"YOU DID GREAT!" He exclaims, while giving me a giant hug. "I'm so proud of you. You were amazing, and your threes, damn you had to of hit like eight of them!"

I laugh at his excitement and smile, "it was nine," I say, correcting him. "And thank you, I honestly thought I was going to mess something up."

"You, mess something up? Sure, like that was going to happen!" He said, jokingly.

I just shake my head an laugh, "Shut up, and go warm up, or YOU'LL mess something up."

"You know who you're talking to, right? I'm Lamelo Ball, the ankle bully, I don't mess up," he tells my, very cockily if I may add.

"Oh, shut up," I tell him, laughing. "I gotta go shower cause I smell, so leave me alone and go get ready," I say, slightly shoving his shoulder, hinting at him to leave.

"Ok, ok, I'm going," he responds, while chuckling.

I shake my head and walk towards to locker room. I'll have to admit, if I do say so myself, I did pretty damn good.