Chapter 27

Macy's P.O.V.

It's Monday, meaning that I have to go back to school, and face reality.

I've stayed in my room for the past two days, sulking. I kept asking myself why. Why did they have to choose me to go through this? Why couldn't it have been someone else? Why did there have to be a bet involved? Why did I fall for it? Why was I so stupid?

When Lamelo first started talking to me, I knew it was to good to be true. I didn't want to face it though, I wanted to think that maybe he was actually interested in me. Sadly, that wasn't the situation.

At the moment, I am in the car with Zeke, dreading the day ahead of me.

What if he tries to talk to me? What if he ignores me? I know that's what I'm going to do, ignore him. At least for now, anyways. What if he's already moved on, and he actually doesn't care about me?

"Hellllllooooo, Mace. Are you listening?" I hear Zeke ask me.

"Uhm, sorry what?" I question, looking towards him.

"I asked if you were ok? You've been acting a little off since the party. Wait! Did someone do something to you!?!? Do I need to beat the shit out of someone? Was it Melo, cause I'll gladly beat the shit out of him, if I have to. I'm not scared to beat anyone, that's a promise," he started to ramble, and once I heard him say he'd beat Melo, I'll admit, I considered telling him it was him, just so he could beat him. Although, that's only because he made me mad, but I can't let Zeke beat him, that's wrong.

"Calm down, it's ok, I'm just... I'm on my period. Yea," I told him, knowing that would make him lose all interest in the subject.

"Oh, ew," he said, disgusted, and focusing all of his attention on the road now.

I sighed to myself as I went back to looking out the window. Today is going to suck.

~~~

I don't know how much I can express how right I was. Today was complete crap! I can't express how happy I am to be home, away from all the drama.

Lamelo tried to talk to me today, tried to apologize. What am suppose to do though, believe him. Yea right, I don't think I'll be able to believe in him for a long time. I couldn't handle him talking to me, though, my eyes started to tear up, and I couldn't even look him in the face, so I just walked away. He did call after me, but ignored him, can you blame me though? The only reason he even looked at me was just for a bet. That's all I meant to him.

He called me not even five minutes ago, and then I blocked him. I haven't even looked at his texts, I just erased the whole conversation.

I can't even define how bad it hurts, knowing that I was just a bet. Paige has been by my side since she found out on Friday night, when I told her. I kind of feel bad though, because she hasn't been talking to O since then. But he is one of them who gave Lamelo the bet, so I guess he deserves it, cause I'm not talking to him, either.

To be honest, it is kind of hard to ignore ALL of them, I'm even ignoring Gelo and Eli. They also talked to me today, I didn't walk away from them, right away. They apologized, and said that they didn't mean for it to hurt anyone, also I forming me that they were the ones who came up with the bet. After they said that, I walked away, not saying anything. They didn't just know about it, they're the ones who came up with the bet, which is almost as bad as Lamelo going along WITH the bet.

This is going to be hard, seeing him, THEM, everyday. Hearing them in the halls, walking by them, even hearing their NAMES puts me on an edge. I'm already stressed enough with school and basketball, I didn't need anymore, but I guess I can't control that.

"Sweetie, food is ready. We've been calling for you, but I guess you didn't hear," my mom says, opening my door.

"Sorry, I was thinking about stuff, but I'm not hungry," yup, you heard me right, I'm not hungry. I haven't had much of an appetite since the party.

"Are you sure, do you want me to at least bring you a yogurt, or something?" My mom questioned. She knows that something is up, but she just doesn't know what. I would tell her, but it would break her heart to know that a boy broke mine.

"A granola bar would be fine," I mumbled.

"Ok, I'll go get it. I'll be right back."

She walked down the stairs and came back in a minute or two.

"Here you go sweetie, start feeling better, ok? And if something is bugging you, you can tell me, I'll listen," she said, as she closed my door. Gosh, I love my mom, she is so caring and kind. I wish everyone was like that. But, you don't get everything you wish for.

I open up my granola bar, and take a bite, while I start to scroll through Instagram. I hear people walking up the stairs, but ignore it. It's probably Zeke with one of his friends.

"Macy, someone is here for you," I hear, as my door creaks open, revealing my mom.

"Ok, let them in, I guess" I respond, unenthused at whoever decided to come visit me.

"Ok," she turns her head towards someone by the corner. "She's kind of in a sad mood, maybe you can cheer her up," she whispers, giving a smile to whoever is standing there. "Have fun," she says, waving her hand behind her, as she walks away.

I let out a sigh, and await whoever is at my door. They must be preparing themselves for my sulky mood, because it takes them a little bit before they come in, and I honestly wished they would've just stayed out there.

"H-hey, Mace," Lamelo stutters, while he closes the door.

Great!