Chapter 35

Macy's P.O.V.

So, no one has left my house yet, we have all just been hanging around, being lazy, yet again. Lonzo and Zeke are up in Zeke's room, probably playing 2k or something. Everyone else is downstairs either on their phone, or watching TV.

"We should go do something. I'm bored," Paige complained.

"Then think of something to do," I tell her, not really caring that she's bored. I stayed up all night, and I need my sleep. They should all be happy that I'm still up.

"Let's go play some ball!" Melo shouted, jumping up, off the couch. Everyone else stood up, following him, except me.

"Come on Mace, stop being lazy," Melo whined, jogging over to where I was lying on the couch.

"If you don't remember, mister 'let's watch horror movies all night,' I didn't get any sleep last night."

"And?" he questions.

"Meaning, I don't want to go play basketball, I wanna go to sleep," I groan, rolling onto my stomach.

"Well, can you at least come watch me dominate everyone?" He asks, hopeful.

"Ugh, but I don't wanna move!" I whine.

"No worries, I gotchu." I hear a few movements, and then I feel myself being lifted off of the couch.

"Lamelo, what the hell are you doing!?" I exclaimed while laughing.

"I'm taking you outside, what else would I be doing?" He answered, nonchalantly.

"Why are you carrying me," I groaned, once again.

"Because you weren't gonna get up yourself, so I took matters into my own hands, literally."

"You're such a doof." I squeal a little as he puts me down on the counter outside.

"Well you're not any better," he argues back with a chuckle.

"Shut up!" I protest, yawning in the process.

He laughs at my stubbornness and jogs over to the rest of the group. They started messing around and trying trick shots, while I laid down on the counter, closing my eyes. I was peacefully lying there, but I knew it wouldn't last for long, and I was right.

"Whatcha doin sis?" I hear, with a thud following it.

I open one of my eyes and glare at my brother. "Well, I was trying to take a nap, or at least rest my eyes, but now I can see that that's not gonna happen." I let our a sigh, sitting up on the counter, and swinging my legs over the edge.

"Sorry," he responded, not really meaning it.

"Hey Mace." I turn my head to the side, seeing Lonzo jump onto the counter on the other side of me. "What's up?"

"Just sitting here, you?"

"Cool, cool, same," he responds, nodding his head. I nod my head back in response, and turn towards the other three, now starting a game of horse.

"Hey, do any of you wanna join?!?" Gelo shouts, holding the ball to his hip.

"I'm game!" Shouts back Lonzo, jumping off of the counter, and pulling Zeke with him.

"You gonna play, Mace?" Zeke asks while walking backwards, towards the others.

"Nah, I'll just watch," I say with a shrug.

"Aight," he responds, turning around, "I call second!" He shouts, jogging towards the group.

I twist around and lay back down on the counter, maybe now I can get some sleep, I think to myself as I begin to close my eyes.

~~~

"Hey, Mace. You gotta get up, it's getting late," I hear someone speak softly to me, while slightly shaking my shoulder.

"Please let me sleep a little longer," I mumble, turning over to my side.

The thing is, I kinda forgot that I was outside, on the counter, which isn't as big as my bed. This, results in me basically falling off the counter. Or so I thought. As I started to brace myself for impact, instead of hitting the ground, I landed into someone's arms. I open one eye to see who my savior was. It didn't surprise me to see Lamelo holding me, with a look of concern on his face.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yea I'm fine. Thank you." I blush as he helps me stand up steadily. Oh, how much I've missed being in his arms, maybe it's time for me to forgive him. I mean, what's the worst that can happen, right?

"Uh, hey Lamelo?" I ask, all of a sudden getting nervous.

"Yea?" He questions.

"Can we talk?" I ask, looking down and starting to fidget with my fingers.

"Yea, of course," he responds. I look up and see a hopeful look in his eyes, I think he has a slight idea of what I want to talk about.

~~~

Lamelo's P.O.V.

When Macy asked me to talk, the first thing that popped into my head was, is she finally going to forgive me?

I agree to talk with her, of course, and she leads me to her room. I sure hope this is about what I think it is.