Chapter 37

Lamelo's P.O.V.

My brothers and I got back home, and we all went straight to our rooms to get ready. I grabbed a black and white Big Baller Brand t-shirt, and camo BBB sweatpants to change into. Once I was ready, I walked downstairs into the kitchen to see my dad talking to the camera people.

"Hey, Melo Dip! You ready for this interview?" My dad exclaimed as soon as he saw me. I smiled at him and walked towards them.

"I guess I'm ready," I tell him with a shrug. He chuckled and patted my shoulder.

"You're always ready," he comments., turning towards the camera guy, "Trust me, he's a natural at interviews." I give the camera guy a smile and walk towards the fridge. I searched through it for a little bit, until I decided on just eating chips.

I close the fridge and opened a cupboard, grabbing my bag of chips. I headed out back with my chips to start shooting some hoops while we waited to start. Right before I reached the door to go outside, someone stopped me to put a microphone on. It's nothing new, with how many interviews I've done, I'm used to it.

After he is done putting on my microphone, I walk outside to find Gelo and Zo already outside shooting hoops.

"Aye, toss me a ball!" I shout as I start to jog towards the basket. Zo tosses me the ball, and I attempt to dunk it.

I am getting better, just not really making it all the time.

"Like I said last time. Hoop dreams man, hoop dreams," Zo teases, shaking his head at my attempt.

"I AM better than you. So watch yourself," I playfully threaten, even though I lowkey mean it.

"That'll just make you second," Gelo said, "I mean, at least it's not last," he finishes with a shrug.

"Boy, you know imma be better than you, too!" I shout at him.

"To be better than either of us, you'd have to be able to dunk it first, and that's not happening. So, I'd shut up," Zo reasoned.

"Agreed," Gelo responds, shooting a three and making it.

"Y'all know that I'm the best anyways," Zo comments, nonchalantly, while doing a layup.

"I don't know Zo, they're catching up to yea." I turn my head to see my dad walk out, with a camera guy following him, recording.

"Dad, you're suppose to be on my side!" Zo argues back. This isn't the first time we've had this conversation, in fact, we actually have it probably once, or twice, a week.

"I'm not on anyone's side, I'm just stating the facts," he says with a shrug. Lonzo rolls his eyes and continues shooting around.

"Okay, can you guys please clear this area. We need to get shots of you all individually," this lady told us, while walking out of our house. We all nod our heads, and get off the court.

I jump onto the counter, next to Gelo. They call Zo over, and start getting their shots of him.

"So, you and Mace again, huh?" Gelo asks, smiling and nudging my shoulder.

"Yea," I say with a cheeky smile. "I finally got my girl back," I happily sigh as I lean back onto my elbows.

"Good, cause that means that I get my sis back," Gelo states with a proud smile.

"Whatever," I chuckle. I swear, he likes her more than he liked me.

"Okay, Gelo, your turn!" The same lady called for Gelo.

He jumps off the counter and walks over to where Lonzo was previously standing. Zo walks back over to us, and takes Gelo's spot.

"So, Macy's pretty cool. Glad I finally got to properly meet her," Zo said while looking at me.