Chapter 26

Macy's P.O.V.

I've been at this party for about an hour, and at the moment, I am sitting on couch, surrounded by hormonal, drunk teenagers. Paige is out, dancing with O on the dance floor, right now.

Ugh, I'm so bored. And honestly, I have no idea where Lamelo is. He went over to his friends a little while ago, and I haven't seen him since. Maybe I should go find him.

I stand up, and try to go find Lamelo. Let me tell you, the teenagers around me, were disgusting me. Maybe I should've just stayed home. I've realized that parties are NOT my scene.

"Excuse me, sorry, pardon me," is all I've been saying for the past five minutes, as I have walk around this house, searching for my boyfriend.

"Um, hey, do you happen to know where Lamelo is?" I asked some drunk ass teenager.

"Uhm, yaaaaaa, I think he's out back with the basketball team," he slurred, turning back around to party more.

I turn away, without saying anything, and start walking towards the back door. When I reached it, I opened it up, and went outside.

I saw most of the basketball team hanging out around the pool. I looked over all of their faces, until my eyes landed on Lamelo.

"Babe!" He slurred, as we made eye contact. Oh no, he's drunk.

"Hey," I say, slowly.

"How are you boo?" He comes up to me and puts his arm around me, leading me over to where he was sitting.

I could just smell the stench of alcohol in his breath.

"Are you drunk?" I ask the question, even though it is obvious.

"What! No, I just had a few drinks. I'm fine, really," he replies sloppily.

I can't believe him. He ditched me just so he could come get drunk with his friends.

"Ok, well I think I'm gonna head home," I tell him, as I get out of his arm, and start to walk away.

"Wait, why!?! Don't you wanna stay?" Melo ask, as he drunkenly jogs over to me.

"No, I'm not really having fun, and I'm really tired. So, I should just go home," I answer, as I continue to walk away.

"Fine! Have fun at home!" He exclaims, angrily. Great, a drunk Lamelo has anger issues. That's nice.

"K, and you have fun here," I say, annoyed at how he's acting, and by the fact that he's drunk.

"Trust me, I will!" He responds, shouting.

As I reached to open the door, I saw a hand sloppily slam into the door, trying to stop me.

"Wait, are you really gonna leave?" Nevermind, a drunk Melo, is a bipolar Melo.

"Yes, I am, so can you please move your hand."

"No, you can't leave," he protested.

"Why, it's not like you're gonna remember anything from this party tomorrow anyways, you're to drunk. So, if I leave, it doesn't matter." That may have sounded harsh, but I'm pissed off at him. He didn't have to get drunk at this party to have fun, but obviously he thought of that differently.

"Fine, leave, see if I care. It's not like I can't get someone else to have fun with me," he says, taking his hand off the door in disgust.

"Whatever, you fucking ass," I say, hurt, as I start to open the door.

"Oh come on, don't get so butt hurt. It's not like you mean anything to me anyways."

I stopped halfway through the door. Did he really just say that to me? How could he? I turn around, holding back my tears.

"You don't mean that, you're just drunk," I tell him, mostly to reassure myself that he doesn't mean it.

"Actually, I do, it's not my fau-"

"Ok, you're done Melo, come on!" Gelo said, hurriedly, grabbing Melo and pulling him back.

"No, she should know. You keep telling me to tell her, why not now, huh?"

"You're drunk, now's not the time," Gelo said.

"What is he talking about?" I question Gelo skeptically. Do I really wanna know?

"Noth-"

"The bet!" Melo shouts.

"Wh-what bet?" I stuttered.

~~~

Melo's P.O.V.

"The bet about me getting you to date me!" I shout back to her. What am I doing? I don't want to do this now, but it's like I can't stop. My drunken state is taking over what I'm saying.

"Do you really think that I would just out of no where wanna hang out with you, date you!?! No! It was all a stupid bet that my friends gave me. Did you ever wonder why we didn't answer you right away when you asked us where the office was? Yea, that's because we were just talking about you. They told me that I wouldn't have been able to date you. So we bet on it, and I won! So in reality, I could've broken up with you weeks ago!"

The look she gave me, shattered me. Damn it! What did I just do? I mean, it was a bet at first, yea, but I ended up really liking her. After we hung out at my house, I realized how amazing she was, how much I actually liked her. Gelo's been trying to convince me to tell her about the bet lately. He didn't want her to find out the wrong way, but, I guess I just ruined that, and my relationship.

I saw the tears stream down her face, and then suddenly, I felt sober. It's like the alcohol immediately stopped effecting me. She turned around, not saying a word, and started to walk back into the house.

"Wait, Mace! I didn-" I jolted forward, trying to stop her, until she interrupted me.

"Stop," her voice cracked, and so did my heart. I did this to her, my stupidity is the reason she feels the way she does now. Why did I have to get drunk, when I was already drunk off her love. Now, she's just not drunk off mine. "Don't talk me, we're done," she said.

I stood there, in shock. I don't know why I was shocked, I would've broken up with me, too.

I watched her as she walked back into the house, slamming the door shut. A tear fell down my cheek, as I realized what just happened.

I lost her, and I don't know if I'll be able to get her back.