Chapter 56

Onyeka's P.O.V.

I have been thinking a lot lately, mostly about my relationship with Paige. I feel like she has been distancing herself, and I don't know why. Did I do something wrong? Is she hiding something from me? I continue to ask myself questions until I get snapped out of my trance by Lamelo.

"Hey, O. Did you hear me? I asked if you wanted to play 2k," he states.

"Oh, um, yea sure. Sounds good," I say, still not really pay attention.

"Okay," Lamelo says uncertainly. We stand up and head up to his room from the living room, arriving there shortly. He starts to set everything up, while I sit there quietly, questions with no answer still running through my mind.

I feel the bed dip down next to me, and assume that Lamelo has everything set up and ready. I glance up and see that the TV isn't even on. A confused look comes onto my face as I look at Lamelo, silently wondering why he didn't finish getting everything ready. When my eyes meet his face, he is already giving me a look of concern.

"O, are you okay?" he cautiously asks. Now that he asks about it, I honestly don't know if I am. I have had so much on my mind about Paige and I's relationship, that I haven't really sat down and thought about if I was doing okay.

I stay silent for a few moments, thinking about the question he just asked me. I blow out a sigh, not really knowing the answer. "To be honest, I don't really know," I whisper, giving him a slight shrug as I shake my head.

"Well, what's on your mind. You haven't really been acting like yourself lately?" he, yet again, questions. I should probably tell someone, and I couldn't think of anyone better other than my best friend. I just don't know how to start.

"Well, um, it's about my relationship with Paige," I begin, glancing over at him to see his expression.

"What about it?" he urges. I blow out yet another sigh, and start to tell him what's been on my mind.

"I think that we are starting to drift apart. It seems as if she has been distancing herself from me, and I don't really know what to do," I finish. I can tell that he is giving me a sympathetic look without even looking at him. I feel him starting to pat my back, trying to make me feel better.

"Did you try to confront her about it?" he asks.

"No, I don't know how I would start that kind of conversation with her. What would I say? 'Hey Paige, random question. Are you distancing yourself from me, cause I feel like you are and I wanna know why?' I don't think it works that way."

"You don't have to say it like that, but maybe you could ask what she's been doing lately. Or bring up how you think that you guys should spend more time together. All I know is that saying something about what you think will help, trust me," Lamelo responds. "Don't be scared to tell her what you think."

"You're right, I should confront her about it. Thanks man, now let's get this game started," I say, feeling slightly better now. He gives me a smile and resumes to setting everything up. He hands me a controller and sits down next to me on the bed.

"Ready to get yo butt whooped?" he asks, cockily.

"Man, don't get yo hopes up, because we both know that I dominate 2k," I laugh.

"Sure ya do," he sarcastically responds. We both laugh and start the game.

Looks like I'm gonna have a talk Paige on Monday, this should be fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

Hey guys! I apologize for not updating for so long, I kind of needed a break. But I'm back, so here is the second update for today. Hope you like it! :)