Chapter 30

Macy's P.O.V.

Ok Mace, just knock on the door. It'll be fine, I mean, it's just a boys locker room. Right? And it's not like they're changing, it's only half time. I let out a giant sigh, while raising my fist to knock on the door.

I don't know if I'm allowed to interrupt whatever their coach is telling them, but I need to. I at least need to let Lamelo know that I don't absolutely hate him. Plus, I still do care, just not as much. I at least care enough to talk to him so he can up his game, right?

I stood there, waiting patiently for someone to open the door. When no one did, I knocked again. Still, no answer. I guess I'll have to take matters into my own hands.

I push the door open, knocking as I walk in, and hear everyone kind of go silent. I turn the corner and see the whole team surrounding their coach.

"Excuse me miss, but you're not suppose to be in here," their coach said, standing up from his crouched position.

"Yea, I know, but I need to talk to Lamelo," I tell the coach, all of a sudden becoming nervous with all these boys looking at me.

"Well, it can wait until after the game. He doesn't need any distractions at the moment, so please, get out," the coach sternly said.

"Ok, sor-" I start to say as I turn around.

"It'll be short, right?"

I turn back around, and see Lamelo standing in front of me, ignoring his coach's protests. I slightly nod my head and he grabs my wrist, pulling me out of the locker room and around the corner.

He doesn't say anything, all he does is look at me, waiting for me to say something.

"Look, I know we aren't on great terms right now, but I don't want that affecting your game," I start.

"It's not affecting my ga-"

"Lamelo, don't lie, we both know it's affecting your game. It's either that, or you all of a sudden suck. So, I'm gonna go with the first one."

Lamelo looked down and nodded his head, knowing that I was right.

"I know we are in a rough patch, but we might get through it. I just want you to know that I don't hate you, I'm not a fan at the moment, but I don't hate you. I want you to keep up all your good grades and basketball skills," I sigh, taking a breath. "Seeing you out there, missing so many shots, and just looking out of it, made me feel bad. So, I just wanted to let you know, that we can get through this. It'll take a lot of work on both of our parts, you earning my trust, and me deciding when to trust you, but we can make it work. So, don't lose all hope in us. Get out there, and beat that other team's ass!" I shouted the last part, earning a small smile from Lamelo.

He took a step forward, and gave me a hug. "Thank you, Mace."

I hugged him back, slowly smiling also, "No problem." I missed his hugs.

We let go of our hug, and he turned the corner, going back into the locker room with his team.

~~~

I'd like to think that my talk with Lamelo went pretty good, considering that they ended up winning their game by 13 points.

I'm walking towards the exit, almost out the doors cause my mom said she was outside, waiting for me.

"Hey, Mace! Wait up!"

I turned around, and see Melo jogging towards me. I give him a small smile and stop walking, waiting for him to catch up.

"Um, do you maybe wanna do something together this weekend?" He's nervous, I can tell.

"Yea, sure," I shrug, it's the least I can do.

"Great! I'll stop by your house at, two tomorrow?"

"Sounds good," I give him a small smile, and turn around to head outside.

Maybe giving him a second chance won't be so bad.