Chapter 42

Lamelo's P.O.V.

Let's just get this straight. This new guy, Turner, yea, I don't like him. He gives off a bad vibe to me, and I think I'm the only who realizes it. Like, did no one else see the way he was looking at Macy. That's MY girl, he needs to back off! Like, forreal, go find your own dude.

I'm sitting in second period, chemistry, and I know that I should be paying attention, but I can't. Just the thought of him and Macy having the same class right now is bugging me. Paige better be keeping an eye on him. If he tries anything I swear to G-.

"Mr. Ball, did you hear me?" I look up to see our chemistry teacher, Mr. Ropers, looking at me, along with the whole class.

"Um, no sir," I truthfully answer.

"Well get out of La La Land, and start paying attention," he sternly requests.

"Yes sir," I mumble. I feel a tap on my shoulder, and turn my head to the side.

"Are you okay bro?" O whispers, giving me a concerned look.

"Yea, I'm fine," I answer quietly.

"You sure?" He asks.

"Yes, I'm sure," I answer, a little more agitated this time.

"Okay," he says, skeptically. I turn my attention back to the front of the room, trying to pay attention, but we all know how that's gonna go.

~~~

It's finally lunch time and I couldn't be happier. Now I can keep an eye on Turner myself, which makes me feel slightly better.

I get my food and sit down at our usual table. I play with my food as I wait for everyone else to arrive.

"Hey, babe," I look up and see Macy sitting down across from me. I give her a smile, until I see Turner sit down right next to her.

"Hey," I respond quietly, suddenly losing interest in our conversation. I look down at my food and continue playing with it, looking up every so often to make sure Turner isn't trying anything. Our table is soon filled with all of our friends, and multiple conversations are happening.

"Hey, Melo," I glance up and see Macy looking at me with a small smile, "did you know that Turner plays basketball? He's pretty good, too," she mentions, smiling towards him. What's he have that I don't, huh? I'm good at basketball, actually I'm great, for sure better than he is. So why is she giving him that look and not me? I'm her boyfriend, not him. She should be praising my basketball skills, not his.

"Lamelo, hello, did you hear what I said?" she grabs my attention by waving her hand in my face, and gives me a look saying that I need to answer.

"Um, yea, that's great," I say, uninterested, yet again, in this conversation.

"Can I talk to you?" she asks. What'd I do this time. I think to myself as I hear the seriousness in her voice.

"Yea, I guess." She stands up and starts to walk out of the cafeteria, me following closely behind her.

"Okay, what's your problem today? You've been acting like such a jerk, especially to Turner," she lectures me, for the second time today.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I've been acting like I usually do," I answer.

"Bullshit! Now tell me what's wrong, maybe I could help."

"You really want to know what's wrong?" I ask, starting to get frustrated.

"Yes, I would love to know," she answers, starting to raise her voice.

"Fine! I don't like Turner, and I don't think you should hand out with him! So if you wanna help, don't talk to him!" I exclaim. She looks me in the eyes and gives me a surprised look.

"Oh, really. Now you're in charge of who I can and can't be friends with. He's really nice and he's new, so I decided to be nice and befriend him. You don't even know him, so you can't judge him. Gosh, I thought you were different."

"Look, you wanted to hear what was bugging me today, and that's it, so don't get mad at me for answering you with the truth. I don't like him," I argue.

"Whatever, Melo. He's my friend, so you're gonna have to deal with him," she calmly says. Before I could argue back, she walked back into the cafeteria, leaving me standing there.

~~~

It's the end of the day, and I am waiting at Gelo's car for everyone. I just had to get out of the school, before I bumped into Turner and let my anger get the best of me. I don't need Macy to be more pissed off at me then she already is. I see her walking out the door and smile. We might be frustrated with each other right now, but she's still my baby and I love her. What makes my smile fade, for like the hundredth time today, is seeing her walk out with Turner. I turn around and lean against the car, ignoring them.

"Bye Turner!" I hear Macy yell.

"Bye Mace!" I hear his annoying voice yell back. I bet his voice makes dogs ears hurt, too.

"Hey, babe," Macy greets, giving me a kiss on my cheek.

"Hi, sweetheart," I greet back, giving her a kiss on the cheek as well.

"Stop kissing at my car and get yo asses in it!" Gelo yells, approaching his car. I kiss her on the lips and get into the car. Macy blushes and also gets into the car. I love making her blush.