Chapter 41

Macy's P.O.V.

It's Monday morning and I am currently getting ready for school. I pick up my phone to see that I have a message from Lamelo telling me that they are taking me to school today. I quickly reply with a simple okay. I grab my bag and jog downstairs to eat breakfast real quick.

I sit at the counter and start to eat my prepared cereal. I hear my brother come down the stairs and walk into the kitchen.

"Gelo and them are taking me to school today," I tell him as I take a bite of cereal.

"Mkay," he mumbles in response.

I finish my cereal and put it into the sink. As I walk out of the kitchen, I hear a car honk from outside. I hurriedly grab my bag and jog to the front door.

"BYE ZEKE!"

"BYE!"

I open the door, close it, and walk over to Gelo's car. I get into the backseat, next to Lamelo, and hand hi my bag to put next to him.

"Hey babe," he greets, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning," I respond while putting on my seatbelt.

"Morning," Eli and Gelo both say.

"Hey guys," I answer.

After our greetings, Gelo pulls out of my driveway, and heads off towards school. We talked about anything that came to mind, most of it wasn't even worth talking about, but we can turn anything into a conversation. It feels like no time when we arrive at school.

I get out of the car and Lamelo hands me my bag. We walk into school together, and head our separate ways to our lockers to put our stuff away. While I am walking to my locker, I notice someone standing at the one next to it, putting stuff in. I know what you're probably thinking, Why wouldn't someone be putting stuff into a locker, it's probably theirs. Well, the thing is, no has had the locker next to mine all school year, so I was slightly confused. Until I came up with the solution that they are probably new.

"Hi," I greet as I approach my locker. I see the guy turn his head and look a little surprised.

"Um, hey," he responds, nervously.

"Are you new?" I ask him, trying to start up a conversation.

"Yea, I moved here from Nebraska for my dad's job."

"Wow that's quite a ways away," I answer.

"Yea, I guess. My names Turner, what about you?" He asks while giving me a smile.

"My names Macy," I politely answer.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Macy."

"It's nice to meet you too, Turner." I close my locker while he does the same. "So what's your first class?" I see him pull out his schedule and look at it.

"Um, I have Physical Science with Mr. Arnold," he answers.

"Cool, my friend is in that class. Her name is Paige. I can show you were it is if you want?" I offer.

"Yea, that's be great," he answers, giving me a smile. "What's your first class?"

"I have Geometry."

"Oh, so are you a sophomore?"

"Nah, I am just really good at math I guess. The rest of my classes are freshman classes." He nods slightly as we continue walking to his first class. "Um, can I see your schedule, maybe we'll have some classes together."

"Yea sure," he pulls out his schedule and hands it over to me. I glance through, looking for some similar classes to mine.

"Awesome, we have four classes together. Geography, Business Economics, Health, and English 1," I state, handing him his schedule back.

"That's good, it'll be nice to know at least one person in some of my classes." I look over at him and give him a smile. I think we're gonna get along great.

~~~

Turner and I are walking back towards our lockers after he dropped his stuff off at class, and I see Lamelo standing at mine, probably waiting for me, with O and Paige.

"Hey! There you are Mace!" Paige shouted, jogging over to me.

"Hey, Paige, good morning to you, too," I respond with a chuckle. I glance over at Turner and see him awkwardly standing there. "This is Turner, he's new here. You and him have first period together," I tell Paige. I turn towards Turner and say, "This is my friend Paige, the one I mentioned earlier."

"Hi, nice to meet you," Paige greets, giving him a smile.

"Nice to meet you, too," he answers quietly, I'm guessing he's kinda shy.

We continue walking over to my locker, where Lamelo and O were still waiting. I look up at Lamelo to give him a smile, but I see him giving his full attention to Turner, glaring at him. I wonder what his problem is?

"Hey guys" I say, opening my locker to grab my books for my first class.

"Hey," O greets.

"Who's this?" Lamelo asks rudely, ignoring my greeting.

"Oh, um, my names Turner," Turner answers, holding his hand out for a handshake. Lamelo just stares at it, and then turns his attention to something else, leaving Turner's hand there being untouched.

"Well, I'm O," O greets, shaking his hand, "and the rude one over here is Lamelo." Lamelo looks over at O and rolls his eyes. The bell rings right after that, and he turns to me, giving me a small smile.

"Ready babe?" he asks, placing his hand on the small of my back.

"Yea, I guess," I mumble. I close my locker and turn around. "See you next period," I tell Paige and Turner.

"See ya," they both say, turning and walking the other direction for their first class. I turn my attention back to Lamelo and see him, yet again, glaring at Turner. "Lamelo, stop glaring, that's rude!" I lecture.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he says, casually turning his head back around to look forward, avoiding eye contact with me.

I let out a sigh as I think, I have a feeling he doesn't really like Turner.