Chapter 47

Macy's P.O.V.

It's been a week since Lamelo and I have broken up, and by the looks of it, he seems like he's doing just fine. Me, on the other hand, well, let's just say he's gonna take a while to get over. I am doing better, though. His friends, since they are also mine, still talk to me, he just doesn't come with them when they do.

Paige is on her way over to my house at the moment, so we can go to the mall. A much needed trip if I may add. So, while I am waiting for my friend to arrive, I am playing Word Cookies on my phone, and it is frustrating me so much right now. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I can't think of the simplest words, and then it makes me feel dumb and then I get mad. Hence, why I don't play it that much. While I'm in a trance with this game, I hear the door bell and jump off the couch.

"I got it!" I yell, even though I'm pretty sure no one is home. I pull open the door, expecting to see a Paige standing there, but I am surprised when I see a Liangelo standing there instead.

"Um, hi Gelo. Zeke's not here," I tell him while I lean against the door.

"Actually I'm not here to see Zeke, I need to talk to you," he states, looking around like he's in a hurry.

"Oh, um, okay. Come on in then," I open the door a little more to allow him into my house. "We don't have a lot of time to talk though, Page is gonna be here soon. She's taking my to the mall."

"That's okay, this will hopefully be quick," he says while sitting down on my couch in the living room.

"So... What's up?" I ask, trying to get the conversation started. It looks like he's in a train of thought for a minute, until he finally answers me.

"You need to get back with Lamelo," he casually says while nodding his head, seeming like he's trying to reassure himself on what he's doing.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask. Don't get me wrong, I would love to get back with Lamelo, but he's the one who broke up with me. He doesn't even talk to me anymore, let alone would he take me back.

"I think you heard me. You and him need to get back together," he says, yet again.

"Liangelo," I sigh, "HE'S the one who broke up with ME, not the other way around. So what makes you think that he would take me back?" I give him a curious look, wondering what motivated him into coming over here and telling me this.

"Look, Mace, I know that. He told me everything that happened. But what I also know, is that my little brother is hurting more than he is showing. He wants to seem like he's strong and can handle this, and to some people he may, but I'm his brother, and I can tell that he's not doing so hot. He misses you. The day he came home after the break up, he stayed in his room, skipped dinner, and I'm almost a hundred percent sure that I heard him crying," I sat there, listening to what Liangelo had to tell me. Is he really hurting that bad? "Honestly, I think you're taking this better than he is, and I know how bad you've been hurting, Mace. This may sound cliche, but he needs you. He doesn't want to admit it to himself, but he does. He loves you and he can't deny that. So, please, try to talk to him. He's a mess, and with how he's been acting, we both know that he isn't gonna do to hot on the court tomorrow. And we don't need my dad to be on his ass when he already has so much going on," Gelo finally stopped talking and looked up at me, giving me a hopeful look. I let out a sigh as I moved my eyes off of him.

"I guess I could try to talk to him, that is if he'll let me," I state.

"Trust me, he may fight it at first, but he'll let you." Gelo stood up, along with me, and we started to walk towards the door. "Thank you, Mace," he says, giving me a small smile and a hug.

"No problem, Gelo," I tell him, opening the door and watching him leave. As he pulls out of my driveway, Paige's mom pulls in. Paige opens her door and looks back at Liangelo's car with a confused look on her face.

"Why was he here?" She asks, knowing Zeke isn't here cause I told her I was home alone.

"I'll tell you on the way to the mall," I answer, grabbing my wallet and sunglasses, and then heading towards her mom's car.

Tomorrow's gonna be an interesting day.