Chapter 32

Macy's P.O.V.

I will admit, I had fun hanging out with Lamelo yesterday. If anything, he was nicer to me than he was when we were dating, and that had to be hard to beat. Today I am planning on just having a lazy day with Paige. Usually we would go out to the park, or walk around our neighborhood on Sundays, but it's dreary outside today.

I am currently waiting patiently for Paige to come over. I have our whole day planned. We are going to go into my kitchen and get a bunch of snacks and drinks, then we are going to come up to my room and watch a bunch of movies all day. We might even build a fort! Which I am honestly hoping to do. Paige and I really need a girls day, so this will be fun.

In what felt like no time, I hear the doorbell ring. I jump out of my bed and jog downstairs.

"I got it!" I shout, grabbing the doorknob.

"Hey girl! What's up?!" Paige hugged me enthusiastically.

"Not much. Ready to have a much needed lazy girls' day?" I ask with a big smile on my face.

"Is that even a question, I'm always ready to be lazy," Paige said, walking fully into my house and closing the door behind her. "Let's go get food from the kitchen and get this day started!" She exclaimed, running into my kitchen, with me trailing behind her.

We grabbed bags of chips, cookies, candy, and popcorn. Yea we eat a lot. We head up to my bedroom and then head back downstairs to grab our drinks, which consisted of pops and Gatorades.

"So, what kind of movies are we gonna be watching?" Paige asked, jumping on my bed with a bag of chips, and crossing her legs.

"Well, we can choose categories. Do you wanna watch horror, romantic, comedy, or action?"

"Let's watch action first, then romantic, then horror, and then comedy. But we have to watch horror at night, so we can have the full affect, and comedy afterwards so we aren't as scared later," she explained, laughing at how much of a wimp we both are.

"Okay," I laugh, cause in reality, she is right. I grab a random action movie and pop it into the DVD player. Today is going to be a good day.

~~~

Paige and I were on our phones, trying to past time by, until it gets dark enough for us to start our horror movie. As I am scrolling through my Twitter, I get a text from a random number that I don't recognize.

Random Number- Hey, Mace. Haven't seen you in a while. What's up?

I give my phone a confused look while I try to distinguish who it could be.

"Why are you looking at your phone like that?" Paige asked, giving me a concerned look.

"Someone texted me. Do you know this number?" I ask her as I show her the number.

"No, why don't you just ask who they are?"

"Mkay."

Me- Hey, I don't want to sound rude, but who is this?

I click my phone off, while I wait for the answer.

"Want to go get the ice cream from downstairs?" I ask Paige, as I notice that it is finally getting dark enough to start watching our horror movies.

"Bish, of course!" She shouts, jumping up, off my bed.

I laugh as we walk down the stairs to get our ice cream. A few minutes later, we head back upstairs, and pop in the first horror movie of the night.

I sit down of my bed, and grab my phone, remembering that I got a text from an unknown number. I click my power button, it lights up my screen and I unlock my phone. I go to my text messages to notice that there is a new message from the unknown number.

Unknown Number- Oh, yea, I forgot that you didn't have my number. It's me, Lonzo. I got bored so I took your number out of Melo's phone to text you.

Ahh, Lonzo. I've only met him twice, both times when he was leaving to go back to college, or a friends house, but he seems chill.

Me- Oh, okay, fair enough lol. So what's up?

I look up from my phone and see Paige looking at me.

"Girl, get off your damn phone and watch the movie!" She scolds, while laughing at me.

"Chill, girl," I say laughing. "I was just answering the unknown number."

"Oh, well who was it?"

"It was just Lonzo," I answer with a shrug.

"Ball!?!?"

"Yea, what other Lonzo would I be talking about?"

"Wait, so you mean THE Lonzo Ball, who apparently always seems to be at home, and not at college, but was never there when we went over there?" She asked.

"Yup!" I answer, popping the P.

"Okay then," she nods her head, turning back towards the movie.

I feel my phone vibrate on my leg, so I pick it up, and look at the screen.

Zozo- Nothing, Melo's being annoying and Gelo is to into his phone to be social. What about you?

I slightly laugh as I nod my head, yup that sounds like them.

Me- Lmao, that doesn't surprise me. I'm sitting in my room with Paige watching scary movies.

He starts to reply faster, which makes me think that he must be really bored if he is just worried about texting me.

Zozo- What movie?

Me- The Conjuring

Zozo- The second one's better...

Me- Gotta watch the first one before the second one, lol

Zozo- Fair enough, would you care if Melo, Gelo, and I come over to watch movies too. Cause I swear, I'm either gonna die of boredom, or kill Melo before the end of the day

I laugh as I turn towards Paige, "Do you care if Melo, Gelo, and Lonzo come over to watch movies with us? I guess it's really boring over there," I ask, catching Paige's attention.

"If I get to finally meet THE Lonzo Ball, and you don't mind them being over, then I'm game," she answers, turning back towards the movie. And no, she's not as mad at all of them either. She knows that I went to hang out with Lamelo yesterday to give him another chance. She has been talking to O again, I told her I didn't mind. He was involved, but not to involved, and I honestly ship them so hard, so I don't want to be the one who gets in between their relationship.

Me- Sure, we don't care

Zozo- Aight, we'll be there soon

I read the text, then close my phone, going back to the movie. Welp, looks like the boys are coming over to end our girls' day. Oh well, at least I get along with them again, and a plus is that I finally get to properly meet THE Lonzo Ball. This should be fun.