Chapter 43

Macy's P.O.V.

Lately, Lamelo has been kind of distancing himself, and I think I know why. He's jealous, but he doesn't understand that Turner and I are JUST friends. Turner's a good guy. Currently I am sitting at our lunch table, across from Turner, talking about my next basketball game.

"So, since it's so far into the season and I can't play, don't think that I'm not gonna come watch you dominate out there," Turner informs me, shoving his sandwich into his mouth.

"Thanks, I guess," I chuckle, taking a drink out of my milk carton. Shortly after, I hear a sigh, and turn my head to look at whoever made the noise. I see Lamelo put his head down and head towards an empty spot at the end of the table, even though there was a perfectly fine one next to me. I watch him until he sat down, and sighed to myself as I looked away. He hasn't sat by me at lunch for the past week. Can't he handle Turner for 30 minutes to eat with his girlfriend, it's not to much to ask for. Apparently Turner saw me watch Lamelo, and now he was the one sighing.

"Does he really hate me that much? Cause I don't want to be getting in between your guys' relationship," he quietly said

"What, no!" I say quickly. "He'll get over it, I promise."

"Yea, you said that last week, too," he sighed, yet again.

"It'll take time, but he will get over it, so don't sweat it," I pat his arm and go back to eating my food. I hope he'll get over it.

~~~

Lamelo's P.O.V.

She's sat by him for the past week, and I'm getting sick of it. She knows I'm not the biggest fan of him, yet she still hangs out with him, which confuses me. She's MY girlfriend, shouldn't she be wanting to sit and talk to me, not him?

Instead of eating my food, I start to play with it, thinking.

"Aye, you good bro?" I look up and see Gelo giving me a concerned look from across the table. I sigh as I put my fork down.

"Yea, I guess," I respond, quietly.

"You sure, cause you've barely eaten anything, and you're always eating."

"I said I'm fine," I mumble in response, getting annoyed by his questioning, which I'm pretty sure he could notice.

"Okay, just checking," he ended the conversation, even though I know it's gonna come up again later.

A few minutes later, I grab my tray to go scrape, not really interested in my food anymore. I haven't been lately, it happens when I have a lot on my mind. When I turn around to head back to the table, I run into Turner. This is just great.

~~~

Macy's P.O.V.

"Hey, Mace, can I talk to you?" I glance up to see Paige now sitting in Turner's spot, who went to go scrape.

"Um, yea, sure," I answer, confused.

"Okay, so I don't want to sound nosey, but are you and Lamelo okay?" she asks.

"Yea, we're fine, why?"

"Well, it's just that I don't think that he is a fan of Turner, and it seems like you've been hanging out with him more than you have been with you boyfriend," she answers, giving me a shrug. I blow out a sigh as I shake my head.

"If anyone's not hanging out with someone, it's Melo not hanging out with me. He's had his chances to hang out, he just doesn't. If you couldn't tell, he doesn't even sit by me anymore," I argue, starting to get annoyed with this conversation.

"That's because you are always with Turner, and like I said earlier, it's obvious he doesn't like him."

"Look, Paige, I love your concern with my relationship and all, but I have already had this conversation with Lamelo. I told him that Turner and I are just friends, and he can't choose who I can and can't be friends with, so he'll just have to get over it and learn to get along with him," I tell her, maybe being a little to bitchy about it, but it's whatever.

"Well, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen anytime soon," she says, turning her attention to something behind me. I turn my head to see what's so intriguing to her. Let's just say, that I wasn't to happy with what I saw, which consisted of my boyfriend on top of my new friend, beating the crap out of him.

Ya know, I was mad at Lamelo's attitude lately, but now I'm pissed.