Chapter 45

Lamelo's P.O.V.

The final bell just rang, signaling that the school day is over. Thank the Lord. I head towards my locker, trying to get out of here as fast as possible. On my journey towards my locker, I see Macy and Paige, sympathizing Turner. I roll my eyes, still mad at him, and at Macy for helping him instead of me.

I reach my locker and aggressively put my books into it, grabbing my homework and slamming it shut. My coach gave us a day off from practice cause he said we have been doing really good, and to be honest, I don't think I would have done well in practice today anyway. I turn around and start walking towards the exit of the school. Once I'm almost out the door, I feel someone tug on my arm. Since I'm not in a good mood, I turn around, and say, "What!?!" in quite a rude way, but I don't really care.

I see Macy standing behind me, looking pissed off. Gosh, can't she just get over it? Yea, I hit him, quite a few times, but what'd she expect. She knows I don't like him. "We need to talk!" she demands.

"Not now, I have stuff to do," I respond, trying to get out of the conversation that I know we are going to have.

"It can wait!" She grabs my arm and drags me to an empty classroom.

"Mace, I don't want to talk right now," I tell her, turning around to leave, only to find Paige closing the door, and sitting right outside it. Great!

"To late," she says while crossing her arms over her chest. "Now, tell me what the fuck possessed you into fighting Turner in the cafeteria?" I am currently not looking at her, but I don't have to to know the look that she is giving me.

"Don't worry about it," I mumble.

"Really, Lamelo? Don't worry about it! My BOYFRIEND beat up my FRIEND in front of almost the whole school, I think I'm gonna worry about it! Now tell me, why did you do it?"

I blew out a sigh as I answered her. "I'd tell you, but you wouldn't believe, so what's the point," I argue.

"Honestly, I don't know who to believe, and I won't until you tell me your side of the story. I've already heard Turner's."

"Of course you have," I scoff. "Why'd you go with him instead of me, after the fight, anyway?" I ask, not being able to get that off my mind.

"Don't change the subject, Lamelo. That's not what we're talking about," she scolds. "Now answer my question."

"I'll answer your question once you answer mine," I fight back, leaning against a desk towards the back of the classroom.

"I asked mine first, now answer it."

"No, I wanna know why you chose HIM over ME!" I state, raising my voice as I make random hand gestures. I tend to do that when I get mad.

"He's my friend!" she shouts back.

"And I'm your boyfriend!"

"Really, cause lately you haven't been acting like it," she whispered, although I could still hear her.

"What're you talking about?" I ask, lowering my voice and get off of the desk.

"I feel like you are distancing yourself from me, you don't even sit by me anymore. You haven't asked me to ride to school with you for the past week, and we never get time to hang out anymore." She looked down with a look of sadness and defeat on her face.

"Well, I don't want to sound like a douche, but if you couldn't tell, I don't like Turner, and all you've been doing is hanging out with him. I never sat by you because I'd end up being a dick, or really quiet, and then you would think that I was being rude. So, I sat away, not wanting to make you mad," I answer quietly.

"You couldn't be nice for 30 minutes, just to have some decent time with your girlfriend?" she scoffs, shaking her head.

"No! I couldn't, because every time I would try to talk to you when you were around him, you would ignore me, or turn the conversation into something about him!" I, yet again, start to raise my voice, getting frustrated with the fact that she doesn't understand my dilemma.

"I didn't do that!" She defends, raising her voice as well.

"Yea, you did. In fact, I'm starting to think that you like him more than you like me,"I finish off my sentence in almost a whisper. It finally hit me that my girlfriend might like a different guy more than she likes me. It was quiet for a few minutes, neither her, nor me, saying anything. I let out a sigh, thinking about the only way to get us out of this long-term argument.

"I don't think this is gonna work out," I whisper, wishing that I could do this in some different way. Although, obviously I can't, considering that it is frowned upon to beat someone up.

I look up and see Macy looking at me in utter shock. No worries though, I'm shocked as well.