Chapter 15: Loop

Chapter 15: Loop

"Get up."

Amy groaned while she rested on Tails' couch, she looked up at Shadow who was standing directly over her with his hand held out.

He was impatient, "You've been sitting there for a whole minute; it says you're ready to move now."

"I seriously just sat down." She whined.

"No, you didn't. I timed it."

She couldn't believe it, "You timed it?"

"Quit stalling." Shadow helped Amy get to her feet.

Tails had told Shadow that he would have to slowly ease Amy back into her training. He didn't want her wounds opening up again, but Tails felt that she should at the very least get used to moving around on her own. But for now, she would need Shadow's help standing and walking until she was strong enough to hold herself up. Unfortunately Tails' invention had made it harder for Amy to complain that she was in too much pain to continue on because it claimed to know her body better than she did. Which allowed Shadow to force Amy back in motion before she felt that she was ready. She could already feel an intense hatred for the device for this reason.

"Everything hurts." Amy complained as he led her around the couch.

"That's right; keep your mind off the pain." He answered sarcastically.

"Thanks for the help." She strained as she struggled to keep up with his pace.

"Quit lagging behind."

"I can't help it, it hurts."

"Excuses do not become you, Rose."

"Well, it does."

"Think about something else." Shadow kept eyeing at the Connector, it showed that she was in pain but otherwise was fine.

"Like what?"

"I don't know. What do you usually think about?"

"I've got nothing."

"That's funny, you were so talkative yesterday." He smirked.

"I didn't want to spend the whole hour just looking at each other."

Shadow understood, "Fair enough, Rose."

Shadow could hear Amy starting to breathe a bit heavier now and he glanced over to the Connector as he continued walking with her, "Just a little longer."

"How much longer?"

"No time, focus on something else."

"There's no time to answer me, but there's time to tell me no?"

"Yes."

"Shadow." She was almost whining.

"You're doing good." Shadow tried to lower his pace for her.

"Really?" She scoffed.

He finally set her back down on the couch and Amy let herself lean completely back as she tried to catch her breath.

"It says you'll be ready in two minutes."

"Two minutes?"

"Do you have a hearing problem?"

"No."

"Then stop repeating everything I say."

"I'm tired."

The black hedgehog crossed his arms as he looked around Tails' workshop. It was beginning to annoy him that she kept needing breaks, especially so frequently. He couldn't help but wonder if this is what their training would be like from now on. It was much easier before but now he knew he wouldn't be able to treat her that way again. Or at least while she was still like this.