Chapter 24: Nuisance

Amy was charging up the steps to the top of the temple and Shadow was following closely behind her.

"Shadow, I said I'm fine!" Amy tried shoving off the black hedgehog.

"Enough playing around, lie down." He ordered.

"I'm fine; you don't have to baby me."

"No, you're not." Shadow continued to argue.

"I said I'm fine."

"Rose, you fell off the temple."

-Earlier

"Pay attention!" Knuckles yelled as he charged at Amy.

He tried to punch her but she dodged, barely in time. She kicked him and he grabbed her leg. The pink hedgehog flipped him over her which forced her to slam into the stairs with him.

She was distracted, because the ultimate life form had decided that he would talk to her while she trained.

"You should be more careful." Shadow's voice chimed in from the Connector on her wrist.

She groaned as she tried to elbow Knuckles who was still on the ground. He caught her and threw her up a few steps. She leapt at him and he grabbed her in mid-air. He chucked her down the steps rather easily as he watched her tumble down the stairs.

Knuckles was becoming more annoyed as Amy tried in vain to catch him off guard but it seemed that she couldn't focus on their fight while Shadow was pestering her.

"Butt out!" She growled, after she stopped her fall.

She hung up on him and that was when Knuckles lunged at her.

Amy summoned her hammer and smacked him with it. He was launched back up the stairs in an instant.

"That wasn't very nice of you, Rose." Shadow again.

"It's not very nice of you to bother someone during a fight, 'Shads'." Amy jeered.

She smiled as she heard the ultimate life form groan in disgust.

This whole fight was beginning to infuriate Knuckles very much. It wasn't like how they had trained before. Shadow was intent on occupying Amy's attention during their whole fight. Every time something happened the black hedgehog made commentary or tried to steal her focus with an argument. It was frustrating fighting someone who had other things on their mind. Especially if so much of their time was spent dealing with someone who wasn't standing right in front of them.

"I think I'm going to barf." The black hedgehog informed her.

"Shadow, I'm busy." She tried again to end their call.

Knuckles couldn't be mad at Amy; she was trying to focus on their battle but every time-

"You're not doing anything right now." Shadow called back.

Knuckles snarled, "I guess that means to get a move on." he realized as he left his kneeling position and stood up.

He dashed towards Amy and launched her back up the stairs.

"Ow." Amy reacted as she sat herself up and looked back at Shadow who was sitting smugly on the top of the platform.