Chapter 2

Do you remember how Sam wanted to hangout with me when everyone went to that party? Yeah, so he went anyways, well I'm pretty sure he did. Wow, alone on a Friday night, typical for me though, I just thought I had plans.

First world problems right?

But not for me, I was used to it. I had a boyfriend in my freshman year, and we dated for 6 months. Pretty long time huh? Well, I found out that he was cheating on my for like 5 and 1/2 months. So like two weeks, two weeks, of actually "dating". But after that, I hadn't had a boyfriend. I felt like I couldn't trust anyone. So I focused on myself.

I had my biggest thinking moments in the shower. And that's why at least once a week I take over an hour long shower. I had finished a long time ago, but I'd been on tumblr for awhile.

I decided to get ready and put on my makeup and a cute outfit. I don't know why. But maybe I could like go for a walk or something... or get some snacks at the corner store.

After I towel dried my still damp hair, put it in a side fishtail braid, then did my makeup. I headed over to my closet and walked in. I found a cute rasta bandeau and a black Pierce The Veil crop top and threw it on. I continued digging through my closet to find my favorite rasta shorts to match my bandeau.

I found a note. I don't know who it was from, it looked new maybe? I don't know. But anyways I opened it and read to myself

"Hey Kylie, so I'm really sorry about what happened earlier. I still want to hangout with you. I promise it will be just us. Sam."

Why would he leave me a note? Like, all of the guys had my number. Whatever I really don't want to be with anyone. I just want to take a walk by myself. I crumpled up the note an threw it in the trash can as I headed to my bed. I laid down and scrolled through twitter and Instagram.

*ding ding*

From Sam😕: Hey. Did you see my note..?

To Sam😕: Ya.

From Sam😕: So... Do you wanna do something later?

To Sam😕: Yeah I do. But not with you.

Wow, slay Kylie. I was just sassy. I've never been sassy. Good one.

************************************

After being on social media for like 3 more hours, I went downstairs to make myself some food. No one was home since they were all at that party.

I need to stop lying. I really didn't want to be alone tonight. fuck... whatever.

I grabbed a bag of chips from the pantry and flopped down on the couch and watched PLL.

I always forgot I have a pool. I don't swim very often due to self esteem issues, but hey I'm alone whatever. I closed the bag of chips and ran upstairs to change.

I had put on a galaxy print bikini top with plain black bottoms and put my hair up in a tight bun. Every time I was in a bikini, or in shorts, or naked, all I could notice was the horrible marks I had left on myself. They should be empowering, but they aren't, they make me sad and think back on the times when I did each and every one of them.

I made my way down to my backyard and turned on this little rainbow waterproof light ball thingy, and threw it in the pool. It was late I could tell by the dark sky, but I didn't know the time, or care enough to check. I plugged my phone into my little mini speaker and turned on some music. Lastly, I grabbed a towel from the outside closet and threw it on the chair.

I was in the pool for about 10 minutes just floating around and listening to my music before I heard moving. I felt like someone was there.

"Connor?" I said surprised, trying not to sound scared. I sounded more annoyed than anything...

"Nope it's me." Sam said walking around the corner. He was holding something...

"Why are you here? And what do you have?" I asked making my way to the steps and getting out of the pool.

Sam was up still far enough back so I couldn't see what he was holding, and I was standing on the edge of the pool just waiting for him to reply. Before I knew it, I had a stream of water shooting in my face.

I was screaming and laughing at the same time making me unable to do anything. Sam dropped the water gun and ran over to me and he pushed me into the pool.

It was so cute. He was laughing and his smile was just, I don't even have words to describe it. He was carrying me and I was kicking my legs trying to make him let go but he wouldn't.

"So do you still want to be alone tonight?" Sam said as he moved his arm out from under me, and I slowly sank to my feet. I stood there and just looked at him. Then he did the "move". The glance at my eyes, then to my lips, and back to my eyes. He started to lean in like he was going to kiss me.

But being me, I splashed his face and dove under water and swam away.

*************************

Social media:

Instagram: @livvyoctw

Twitter: @livvyoctw