Chapter 18

So, we had been home from England for a week now, and I had news.

My dad, is getting married to some bimbo and we have to go to the wedding. In Tennessee.

No. I don't want to go to Tennessee. I don't want to BE in the wedding. I don't want to LEAVE Sam for however long this was. Honestly, I HATED my dad. Basically everything about him was something to dislike. He was a drunk and that's why my parents got divorced when I was 5. He was abusive too. Well, to me at least. I was his "little girl" his "princess" but why didn't he treat me like that? He hit me. Screamed at me. Called me the worst names you could think of. He also molested me when I was 10. I was BARELY old enough to understand what he was doing.

I never told.

That was my problem. I never reached out to anyone for help. I dealt with it myself.

Wanna hear something?

I picked up the blade when I was 12. That means 7 years of digging into my skin with a sharp piece of metal. It made me feel amazing though. Don't ask why; because I don't know. I think it was just the physical pain topped the emotional pain.

I've never told anyone this. I've always wanted to tell Connor because he would protect me, but I didn't.

I don't even think he knows I cut, like I've made up several lies about the cuts he's seen.

GOD.

WHY CANT LIFE BE EASY? WHY CANT I JUST BE A HAPPY TEENAGER AND GO TO THE MALL WITH FRIENDS? AND WEAR SHORTS AND A TEESHIRT WITHOUT HAVING TO COVER SCARS?

Oh yeah. I know why.

This isn't a fucking fairytale, it's real life.