Inexplicable [Armin x reader]

CREATOR :6221asiangirl

 FIRST OF ALL IT'S NOT MY STORY! I JUST FOUND THIS IN DEVIANTART.  THE CREDITS GOES TO 6221asiangirl. You should check out her stories! It's amazingly written and she's a talented writer! :)

●═══════●♥●═══════● ●═══════●♥●═══════●

With a pile of books stacked on your arms you stumbled from one side to the other, careful not the let any of the books drop on the floor, searching for a cozy place in the library to look up a topic you never quite understood.
Setting the books on the table, the wooden table creaked because of the weight while you were looking at the stack of romantic novels and encyclopedias in front of you with frustration. Your motivation started to leave you before you had even started. Did you really have to read all of them to understand this single topic?

Plopping down on the wooden chair you reached for the first book on top of the stack and read the title.

‘The wings of love’

It is impressive how this title could ruin your mood so quickly, burring your motivation deep underneath the earth, somewhere no one would find it anytime soon. Nonetheless you tried to stay concentrated on your objective, but after the first ten pages a long yawn echoed in the empty library and so, you put the book aside and grabbed the next one.

‘Inexplicable things’

‘Perfect’ you thought as you put your finger on the yellowish page, searching the outline for the letter L.

“L...L...where are you, ah here it is...Love...Love...Love?”

A sigh of frustration escaped your lips when you couldn’t find the topic you wanted to understand the most. Even though you were one of the intelligent soldiers you never understood ‘Love’. Hoping that your beloved books could give you an answer, you sneaked out at night just to read about it. The others would have laughed at you, how someone like you, so smart, couldn’t understand a human emotion. You cry when you are sad, when something bad happens. You smile when you are happy or when something good, unexpected or expected, happens. This is what you had understood, all of the emotions were logic for you but what’s ‘Love’? You never felt it before, never had a clue what it could be like. No one could give you an accurate explanation, they either said “you have to feel it” or “that’s something you can’t explain” but that wasn’t enough for you, someone who wanted to know and understand everything on the world. 

Galloping through some other books you had to accept that the books didn’t know the answer either. This was your last option to figure it out, books know everything, right?
So if even they don’t know the answer, how should you?
The love you read about was something so wonderful but all of them felt it in a different way. That wasn’t logic, there has to be only one way!
Some hated each other at first and fell in love afterwards, others loved each other from the very beginning. Sometimes the man was the dominant one, sometimes the woman. But they were all in ‘Love’. How was this possible? Every scenario was so different from the other ones, so how could all this be the same?

Everybody in the novels seemed so happy about ‘Love’ and the more you couldn’t understand them, the angrier you became. Angry because you couldn’t understand what seemed so clear and easy for everybody else.

As your eyelids began betraying you and tried to fall over your eyes, you stretched your arm out to grab the smallest book in the stack. Sometimes the inconspicuous things are the ones who now the most, the things you would never expect that they could be the ones with the answer, but as soon as you looked at the cover you felt how your blood boiled in your veins.

‘Love for everybody’

Leaving aside that this was probably one of the worst titles you had ever read, you were disappointed of yourself. Everybody understood it, everybody but you.  

Angrily you tossed the book in an unknown corner, hoping that it would lay and rot there.

“Ouch!”

At the sudden sound your head moved aside, trying look at the creature in the shadows. Embracing yourself you feared who the one in the corner might be. As far as you knew, all the soldiers where in bed and it was long past curfew, so, who could it be? Digging your nails in your jacket you tried to sink beneath the table, hiding yourself under it and observing the creature without being seen. With light footsteps you could hear the creature coming closer, so silent...
‘Ghost?’

Even though you weren’t superstitious there was no other explanation for you and so, you curled yourself up into a little ball, hoping to be so tiny that the ghost wouldn’t see you.

Slowly Armin appeared, his hand rubbing the bulge on his head and in the other he held the book.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry Armin, I thought I was alone here.” you said while crawling out of your hideout and looked at your friend, sorrowfully.

Smiling at you he put the book aside next to the stack in front of you, chuckling when he saw the amount of books.

“I knew you like books but don’t you think this is a little too many?”

Sheepishly rubbing the back of your neck you smiled at him, hoping that the blush on your cheeks was hidden by the dim lit library. It wasn’t like you loved him or anything, you were just really embarrassed that you hit him with this novel and it wasn’t even a good one.

“Armin, can you help me?”
“I can try.”
“What’s ‘Love’?”

Raising his eyebrows at your strange question you felt stupid for asking it. Now he would definitely laugh at you.

Grabbing the chair of the nearby table Armin sat beside you, leaning his arms on the back of the chair, answering your question by asking another question.

“Why do you want to know?”
“Dunno, I mean, I heard the girls talk about how they are going to do something with their lover on Valentine’s day and I don’t understand what’s so special about it. I want to understand their love so that I can probably feel it too. I just want to have a nice Valentine’s day, just like the others, with someone who loves me.”

Chuckling Armin laid your hands in his and smiled at you.

“Love isn’t something you can explain, (f/n), it’s something you feel.”

Dropping your head, you stared at your hands resting his ones.

“This is what everybody tells me but I want to know what it is, how it feels like.”

Armin slightly squeezed your hands before one of them left yours, grabbing your chin and gently pulling it towards him, before he gently pressed his lips on yours. Eyes widening at his sudden action you could feel how your cheeks warmed up, your heart beat at an hazardous pace and how you felt like your body got gravitated by something else than the ground under your feet. Closing your eyes your trembling hands left his, only to grab his head in your hands, slightly messing his blonde hair.

As he broke the kiss he smiled at you with a much more genuine smile than you’d ever seen.

“Do you now know what love is?”
“Yes, I do.”
“Happy Valentine’s day (f/n).”

And with this he closed the distance between you with a sweet, inexplicable wonderful kiss.

●═══════●♥●═══════● ●═══════●♥●═══════●

Author's Note: Once again it's NOT MINE. It's 6221asiangirl from deviantart, check out her other stories! :)

b e l i e v e y o u d r e a m e r s.