June 3 (Part 1)

Normani: Leaving for the airport soon

Dinah: YAAAAAS

Normani: I can't wait to see you!

Dinah: I can't wait to see you!

Normani: JINX

Dinah: JINX

Normani: Hahaha

Normani: I love you

Dinah: I love you too

---

When Lauren woke up in the morning she stretched out on the bed, her hand feeling around the empty space around her.  "Was it a dream? Oh God tell me it wasn't a dream.." She thought to herself as she sat up in her bed and looked around her room. It wasn't.  It wasn't a dream and Lauren knew that as soon as she spotted Camila's luggage sitting by her closet. She quickly threw back the covers and grabbed for a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt that were sitting in a pile on her floor, putting them on before heading the the bathroom, toothbrush in hand.

No makeup, hair in a messy bun, sleepy eyes. Lauren looked in the mirror and smiled as she remembered Camila telling her that this was her favorite version of her.

She could hear the laughter coming from the kitchen as she walked down the stairs and her Father's voice was clear, "So you just attacked her?"

Lauren leaned against the frame of the doorway that sat between the living room and kitchen. Camila and Mike were sitting at the table, while Clara made breakfast, laughing along to the conversation the other two were having.

"I had no choice," Camila said throwing her hands up. "She called Lauren worthless! She's just lucky Dinah was there to hold me back!"

Mike laughed, shaking his head before looking at Camila with thoughtful eyes, "You love my daughter deeply, huh?"

"Yes Sir, I do," Camila said with a shrug as she bright the mug of coffee she was holding up to her lips. "She's everything to me, I will protect her at all costs."

"And that's why I love you," Lauren said stepping further into the room to announce her presence and she could see Camila's eyes light up as Lauren took a seat on the chair next to her.

"I love you too," Camila whispered as she watched Lauren scoot her chair closer and lean into Camila,  her head on the girl's shoulder. "Want some?"

Lauren took the cup of coffee, Camila's coffee and sat up a little straighter before taking a sip. "Your face looks like hell," Lauren mumbled and Clara let out a laugh as she walked towards the table with a plate of bacon.

"Is that any way to talk to the girl who defended you without so much as a second thought?" She asked as she set the plate down and walked back to the stove. "Let's just hope those bruises go away before graduation, I'm sure your Mother would like the photos of you to be free of those type of blemishes."

"There's always photoshop," Camila said with a laugh.

"Um when are you going back?" Lauren hummed as she took another sip from Camila's cup.

"Back where?" Camila asked with a confused expression.

Lauren rolled her eyes and laughed, "California dummy, when is your graduation?"

"Oh!" Camila said with a laugh when the realization that she hadn't told Lauren about walking the stage with Dinah struck her and it was clear that Mike had caught on to this as well.