October 23 (Part 2)

Smut warning

---

"Camz!" Lauren yelled as she stepped out of her car and looked up at their balcony to see the door open. "Camz!" Running from her car, up the steps of the apartment building, hurrying as she made her way up three flights of stairs, Lauren kept yelling, not caring that she was disrupting her neighbours. She'd apologize to them another time. 

Camila was waiting with the door to their apartment open when Lauren finally reached her, immediately launching herself into Camila's waiting arms. Camila let out a happy laugh, her arms circling Lauren's waist as she pulled them both further into the apartment, taking small steps backwards, stopping only to shut the door with her foot. Lauren was crying, she could tell by the tears hitting her neck as her wife pushed her face into it's curve and Camila turned her head enough to be able to place a kiss on the side of Lauren's face. "Are you okay?" Camila whispered, relief flooding over her when Lauren nodded her head. 

"I got it," Lauren mumbled against Camila's skin. 

Camila let out a small gasp, pushing Lauren back enough so they could look one another in the eye. "Say that again," Camila instructed, a large grin spread out across her face. 

Lauren sniffled, her eyes shining as she swallowed all the nerves she had been feeling earlier that day, "I got it, Camz. I got the gallery."

"I fucking love you," Camila laughed as she picked Lauren up, just an inch off the ground and spun her in a circle. "I'm so proud of you, I knew you could do it. Fuck, congratulations," Camila said as she put Lauren down and placed both her hands on either side of Lauren's face, guiding her until their lips met. 

Lauren relished in the feeling of Camila's lips on her own, whining as Camila pulled back and she knew immediately Camila wanted all the details so she took a breath and began to ramble off every detail of the meeting she had just come from, the two of them still standing at the front entrance, Camila's arms now around Lauren's neck and resting on her shoulders, watching her as she spoke. "And then I went to leave and it was all slow motion, I put my hand on the door handle and I heard Henry, that's the President of the board, say 'Mrs. Cabello, the first gallery begins the last week of January, do you think you can put together an entire show in such a short amount of time?' and I don't even remember if I said anything back and all of a sudden he was welcoming me to the Miami Art Gallery," Lauren gushed as Camila just watched her with a smile. "It was so crazy, Camz. I'm kind of freaking out."

"Freaking out, huh? I can't even tell," Camila laughed, the tone of her words dripping with sarcasm. "I'm so proud of you." Biting her lip, Camila went silent, her eyes soft as she looked at Lauren and Lauren tilted her head to the side. 

"What's with the face?"

"I love that," Camila whispered. "I love that he called you Mrs. Cabello."

"That's my name," Lauren winked. "But I know what you mean, I get a rush every time I hear it." Camila smiled again, her own eyes brimming with tears that Lauren was quick to wipe away, stopping them from getting to far down Camila's cheek. "What's wrong?"

Letting out a laugh, Camila shook her head and leaned in to peck a small chaste kiss on Lauren's lips. "Nothing," she said honestly. "I'm just really proud of you, you worked so hard and I'm so proud of you and I just- I knew you could do it, you know? But you just look really happy and I'm just happy you're happy and maybe I'm PMSing cause I feel really emotional right now, but I'm just really, really proud of you and I don't even know what to say except that I love you."

"I love you is perfect," Lauren whispered. "I love you too. Thank you for always believing in me."

---