September 2 (Part 2)

The party at the Alpha Sigma Phi frat house was in full swing by the time Camila decided to step out. She denied her Big's request for her to stay, Chelsea trying to convince Camila to have a few drinks and let loose, because that's what a good Big does and what kind of Sorority sister would the girl be if she didn't try to convince her underage Little to get slightly intoxicated at the first big party of the year, but Camila insisted she had to leave and Chelsea gave in and let her go with a hug and her first real piece of sisterly advice. 

"Don't let the Sorority eat you alive, don't let it swallow you and make you forget there are more important things outside of Alpha Delta Pi and more important people."

On the tour of the Greek Village, Camila had confided in Chelsea about her fight with Lauren and though she had been mad at the beginning of the tour, by the end she realized that maybe, just maybe Lauren's fear of being forgotten wasn't as misplaced as Camila thought. Rush week had been a blur and pledging Alpha Delta Pi while at the same time trying to get a grip on her University classes, Camila had allowed her relationship with Lauren to take a back seat. She barely knew what Lauren had been up to for the past week because she had been so immersed in her new found freedom and lifestyle. So maybe this argument wasn't Lauren's fault at all.

She took a few minutes, admittedly not long, to try and find Normani and Dinah to say goodbye. She had lost them in the crowd somewhere between the limbo competition and the conga line, but she knew they were having fun so she just sent Dinah a quick text and headed out of the Alpha Sigma Phi house pretending not to notice the hoots and hollers from various Frat brothers who were checking her out as she walked by.

Camila also ignored the weird look that the woman behind the counter gave her when she walked into the flower shop dressed in tight white shorts and her azure blue t-shirt that had been cut into a crop top, showing off Camila's abs Alpha Delta Pi written across it in white with the Greek symbol below it. Honestly, for anyone who didn't know that Rush week had just ended, Camila looked weird with her hair down in messy curls and a azure blue and white flower crown adorning her head, the colours complimenting the jewels stuck on her face, outlining her eyes. Making a beeline to the sunflowers, Camila picked out the nicest one and brought it to the counter, paying the woman who was still giving her weird looks as she handled Camila back her change.

As planned, Camila stopped to pick up pizza on the way home, ordering it before she left the party so that she wouldn't have to wait once she got to the pizza parlour, the want and need to get back to Lauren as quickly as humanly possible at the forefront of her mind.

When she got home, she balanced the flower on the pizza box and adjusted her book bag on the shoulders as she fumbled with the keys in an attempt to open the apartment door without causing to much noise. She succeeded in doing so, Lauren hadn't even looked up from her books when Camila walked in, she had her headphones in and her Art text open in front of her while she wrote in her notebook, laptop sitting on the coffee table. She was sitting cross legged on the couch, her back against the arm and Camila couldn't help but notice that Lauren had never looked more to her like a university student than she did in that moment. She had on her reading glasses, new ones that Camila vaguely remembered Lauren telling her she ordered and her hair was in tight curls, a style she had never seen Lauren wear before and Camila assumed Lauren had been bored before classes and decided to try something new, but what stuck out the most was how dark Lauren's hair was, she had seen it that dark before, but the summer had faded out the black dye back to a brown hue and Camila wondered when Lauren dyed it and why she was just noticing it now. With guilt for her lack of attention paid to Lauren over the last week, Camila set her book bag by the door and slipped off her Converse before making her way towards Lauren. The green eyed girl finally looked up as Camila placed the pizza box next to Lauren's laptop and she watched as Lauren pulled the headphones from her ears and looked up at Camila. Noting the red tint to the skin around Lauren's eyes, Camila realized she had been crying so she silently leaned down and pressed a kiss to Lauren's cheek, handing her the sunflower.