September 14 (Part 2)

She was a mess of tears and regret when a knock sounded at the door, pulling herself up off the floor in the art room where she was painting over what Camila had written on the canvas, Lauren made her way to the front door and it opened it cautiously, semi-afraid that Dinah was going to be standing on the other side. 

Charlie. 

Charlie dressed up, with a smile on his face as he bounced on his heels. "Ready to go?" He asked casually, his eyes raking up and down Lauren, "Is that what you were wearing when you left my studio this morning?" 

"Uh, yeah," Lauren said with a shrug. "Look Charlie, I can't-"

Lauren barely got her sentence out, Charlie slipping by her as he made his way into her apartment, "We don't have to leave for at least an hour, so you have time to change still. I'll just hangout- Who's that?" Charlie asked pointing to the girl in the picture next to Lauren. "She's the one from your painting, yeah?"

"That's my fiancée, Camila."

"You have a fiancée?" Charlie asked, his voice seemingly disappointed. "You don't wear a- Oh shit, you totally have a ring on your finger. I never noticed it before." Rubbing the back of his neck, Charlie shrugged, "Look, I totally thought you might be into me and-"

"I'm not, not even a little bit," Lauren cut him off quickly. "I love Camila and right now, I'm in a bit of hot water. Actually a whole fucking whirlpool of it." 

"Because you didn't come home last night?"

"Yeah, that among other things," Lauren admitted with a deep sigh. "I would love to come to the gallery opening with you, but I can't. I need to find a way to fix things with Camila and going to the gallery, it will just make it worse."

Charlie furrowed his brow and shook his head, "Nothing even happened last night, so what's the big deal?" Taking a deep breath, Charlie rolled his eyes and Lauren balled her fists watching the action. "Don't let some chick ruin your fun, I mean come on, you're young and this gallery opening is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I think Camila is overreacting and-"

"You need to leave," Lauren spat, causing Charlie's eyes to widen. "Camila, my fiancée, is not just some chick. I fucked up, Charlie. I need to fix this and-"

"Fix it after the gallery opening."

"Are you not hearing me?" Lauren questioned. "I can't go and-"

"But I told my friends I was bringing a hot date and-"

"Get out," Lauren shouted, pointing towards the door. "You need to leave, now."

Charlie scoffed, rolling his eyes once more. "Look, if you need help with your gallery portfolio you'll-"

"Are you serious right now?" Lauren seethed, getting angrier by the second. 

"You flirted with me!" Charlie yelled, his eyes narrowed as he stepped closer to Lauren. "And you didn't tell me about your girl, so don't tell me you didn't want-"

"Get out!" 

Charlie let out an annoyed breath and grabbed the leather jacket he had shrugged off at some point during their altercation and made his way towards the door, Lauren following behind him and shoving him from behind to get him out quicker, slamming the door the second he crossed the threshold. 

"Fuck," Lauren screamed, slamming her fist down on the door, her eyes closed as she leaned against it, her forehead on the cold wood. "Fuck," she whispered once more as she let the tears fall from her eyes. 

---

Lauren: Is Camila still with you? She left her phone at home and I need to talk with her, like right away