September 14 (Part 1)

Lauren: FUCK

Lauren: Camz! I'm so fucking sorry!

Lauren: I fell asleep watching a documentary on Salvador Dali! Fuck

Lauren: My phone died! I'm literally charging it in my car right now! I'm so fucking sorry

Lauren: I'm on my way home

Lauren: Fuck

---

Camila stared down at her phone as Lauren's messages came through, one by one and the worry turned into anger that was slowly turning into hatred.

"Guys," Camila said as she made her way out of the kitchen to where Dinah, Ally, and Normani were occupying the couch. The three of them having come over just after four when Camila sent Dinah the text saying Lauren hadn't come home yet. "She's on her way home, apparently she fell asleep." Camila tossed her phone onto the coffee table while she spoke, bringing her hands up to put quotations around the words fell asleep to show that she didn't believe what Lauren was saying. "More like fell asleep on Charlie's dick," she mumbled harshly while Dinah just shook her head and the other two girls looked at her with wide eyes.

"Mila, Lauren wouldn't cheat on you."

Camila looked at Ally and scoffed. "I'm going to have a shower," she said turning and walking out of the room.

"We should go," Normani told the other two. "It's gonna be a shit show when Laur walks through that door and as much as I wanna wring her neck right now, we should give them some space."

Ally agreed with a nod of her head as she picked herself up off the couch, but Dinah just sat there with a hard stare on her face. "Oh hell no, I'm staying. She's gonna use the fucking I fell asleep excuse on my girl, I'm about to-"

"Give her a poly beat down?" Normani said with raised brows. "You can do that later, let's go," she instructed as she grabbed Dinah's hand and pulled her up and towards the door.

They were just getting their own apartment door open when Lauren came running up the steps, her face pale and her eyes frantic as they met the three sets of eyes staring back at her. "She hates me doesn't she?" Lauren asked in a small voice, getting a shrug from Normani and a muttered "Bitch" from Dinah as she pushed by Normani and Ally and walked into her apartment.

"She was so worried about you," Ally said as she shook her head. "She thinks you cheated on her and honestly, I hope you're not that kind of person, but you've been so inconsiderate towards Camila. Falling asleep and not answering your phone? Laur, come on." Lauren couldn't even respond, Ally and Normani stepping into their apartment and shutting the door behind them, seemingly right in Lauren's face.

Lauren swallowed the thick fear in her heart and throat as she opened her apartment door and stepped inside, looking up in time to see Camila pad across the hallway wrapped in a towel, from the bathroom to the bedroom, not even batting an eyelash or looking in Lauren's direction when she called out her name.

"Camz, I'm so sorry," Lauren said as she ran down the hall into the bedroom. Camila was searching through her dresser drawers, pulling out her clothes for the day, not saying a word or looking up at the girl in the doorway. "Camz, I fell asleep, I swear. Charlie and I were painting and we started talking about Salvador Dali because I love his work, you know that," Lauren said quickly. "And he mentioned this documentary and he said he had a copy and we could watch it, I figured it would be fine, it was only like four o'clock, so I had time, but I guess I was really tired and I just, fell asleep and so did Charlie and my phone died, that's why I didn't hear your texts."