October 23 (Part 1)

The clock struck half past two and Lauren's Woman in Art History class had just ended, signalling that she was now done her classes for the day. Throwing her bag over her shoulder, Lauren quickly ran from her class towards her car, wanting to get home as quick as possible so she could change her clothes and do her makeup to perfection before her meeting with the board at the Art Gallery that was at precisely four o'clock that afternoon. 

Lauren's jeans and tee, her socks and shoes and bra were discarded in a line from the front door to the bedroom within seconds of arriving home and when she got into the bedroom, her eyes immediately fell to the outfit she and Camila had shopped for nights prior laying out on the bed ready to go. Letting out a small laugh, Lauren smiled knowing that Camila must have put them out for her before she left for her own classes that morning. 

"I ironed your shirt too," Camila said from the doorway, Lauren turning around swiftly at the sound of her favourite voice. "Hi, shouldn't you be getting into those clothes, not just staring at them?"

Lauren laughed, cocking an eyebrow with a smirk playing across her lips. "Don't you have class?" She asked as she took a few steps closer to Camila, her hands finding their way to her hips as she pulled Camila in. 

"Optional lecture," Camila said with a small shrug as she brought her hands out from behind her back, a bouquet of colourful Irises being held out to Lauren. "I wanted to bring you these and wish you good luck, not that you need it. You're an incredible artist."

"Camz," Lauren breathed out, taking the flowers. "You're actually the sweetest person in the world, do you know that?"

Camila shrugged before smiling at Lauren and sending a flirty wink her way, reaching out to take the flowers back from Lauren. "Let me go put these in some water, you get changed and then I'll help you with your hair, okay?" Camila bit her lip before leaning forwards and puckering her lips. 

"Thank you," Lauren whispered with a low giggle, dropping a quick kiss to Camila's waiting mouth. 

After changing into her outfit, a pencil skirt and matching blazer with a crisp white button up underneath, Lauren stood in front of the bathroom sink, watching through the mirror as Camila used the curling iron to bring life to her hair, leaving large curls in it's wake every time. "I have something for you," Camila said as she moved to unplug the curling iron from the wall before setting it down on the edge of the porcelain sink. "I found this," she told Lauren, pulling a necklace from the pocket of her school sweater. "At one of the boutiques in the mall and I thought it was kind of artsy and really pretty." It was a thicker spiral chain, gold, with a blue and white swirled circle pendant. Simple and classy. Just what Lauren needed to complete her outfit. 

Lifting her hair, Lauren allowed Camila the room she needed to place the piece of jewelry around her neck and clasp it together at the back. "You didn't have-"

"I didn't do it because I felt like I had to, I got it for you because I wanted to," Camila said as she watched Lauren let her hair go, turning to face Camila. "I love you so much," she smiled, her eyes raking up and down Lauren's body. "You look beautiful, you're going to do great. I know it."

Lauren took a deep breath and nodded, "I love you too, thank you."

"Finish your makeup," Camila instructed giving Lauren a kiss on her cheek. "I'm gonna go," she said with a small pause. "Hangout in the living room."

"My portfolio is not in the living room, it's in my car," Lauren said with a laugh, her eyebrows raised. "Good try though."

Camila sighed heavily, popping her bottom lip out into a pout. "Oh come on, you're really not going to let me see anything before you present it?"