classic tales

" mr. Blairmore. Welcome." The tall man that stood in front of me had short spiked hair,with little grey highlights. He extended his arm and I shook it.
No doubt that he was strong. His hold on my hand was firm. And he shook it with respect.

"Sir Maui. So glad to see you again." He released his hold on my hand and turned to his side to reveal a petite girl that stood a few feet behind him.

She had long dark hair,and her features,though dark,complimented her face perfectly well.

Her dark eyebrows slightly went upward exposing her pitch black pupils. Her eyelashes naturally long and luscious. She was no doubt beautiful.

"This is my daughter chrystelle Blairmore. She's going to inherit the family business after you've taken it under your wings" his words were a distant echo. I was more focused on this human that stood shyly in front of me.

"Sir Maui?!" The tone in his voice changed , becoming more serious at the same time curious.

Shoot. That's not a good way to make a good impression.

"Forgive me Mr.Blairmore."

"All is forgiven for I'm sure you have a reason as to why my daughter got your immediate attention " I stood up straight fixing my composure.

"She just looks like someone I'm rather familiar with. That's all" my heart raced in hopes that he would drop the topic and move on.

"Ah well then. That's understandable." I let out a breath I didn't know i was holding. And smiled awkwardly.

"Christelle do introduce yourself" she extended her own hand and I immediately took it feeling her skin against mine.

"You already know my name,so I guess this leaves the business intro." Her smile uplifted the features on her face and By the way she spoke I could tell that she was a carefree person, headstrong and sassy. My jaw clenched.

"By all means" I said through a forced smile.

"My father brought me here with him to get a taste of the business world and it's offers. He thought that you were the perfect model for that."

"It's true you know" her father piped in.

She tensed.

"She's the company's next hier and I want to prepare her. She's not yet ready for such responsibility. She is only 17 afterall"

17. Young and beautiful.

"Well I'm quite flattered that you chose me to become her model."

"Ah you deserve it. I'm entrusting you with my company and I don't just hand over my trust to anyone. This company is my life's work and I trust that you'll take care of it until my daughter is old enough to take it from you."

I would notice that each time he would say the word 'daughter' he would look at her and his eyes will hold disappointment. As if that was not his plan. As if he wasn't too sure that giving her the company was the right move.

For the first time,his father appeared proud and stubborn. Just like a businessman ought to be. He was quick to intrude and spoke with authority. I wondered if I might've misjudged his daughter's nature.
What If that sassiness was actually her pride? That headstrong nature was stubbornness?

I glanced her way and she captured my gaze,and forced a smile. My heart sank.

She looked rather hurt by her father's words,she appeared sensitive and fragile. Innocent even. And her shyness became visible as she started fiddling with her hair.

"Thank you for the praises. Shall we get a move on then. So we'll have more time for personal matters afterwards" I cleared my throat and kept a smiley expression. My cheeks became sore.

Forcing smiles were harder than I thought.

"Yes. Lead the way sir." He spoke satisfyingly.

I watched as her father hurried and walked in front of her. She kept a subtle distance from him and lowered her head as she  walked. Afraid of looking up.

My heart ached to touch her.

As we walked I would sometimes slow our pace so that she would be close to us. In a way you could say that I was trying to make her feel relevant in our conversations.

I kept on telling myself that she is not the girl from the club i saw yesterday. Even though her scent was so familiar. There's such a contrast in their nature.

The girl at the club appeared wild. She on the other hand appeared more civilised,tamed.

But the eyes were the same. So was the hair.

Plenty of girls have dark eyes and long back hair Maui. I mentally scolded myself.

Snap out of it Maui. 

I didnt realize that i was talking out loud until I heard Mr .Blairmore 's distant voice.

"Are you well Sir Maui" I quickly turned to look at him.

"Oh yes. Very well. "

"Are you sure?! You were mumbling to yourself" he raised a quizzical brow.

"I was doing some silent calculations" I smiled awkwardly and gave myself a satisfying pat on the back when he started talking about how he enjoyed doing that too when he was young.

I caught chrystelle 's eyes and she blushed as I smirked at her.

Beautiful.