The New Theory

We sat together outside the me café. We were talking silently and stopped when the waiter approached.

"What would you guys want today" his smile was sincere and was directed at Christelle. She was doing the same.

I cleared my throat. And they both looked at me.

"I'll have the American expresso." I said dully. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Do you prefer milk or black?"

"Black" I said in annoyance. I looked back at christelle.

"What?" I asked defensivel and she squinted her eyes at me as she spoke.

"How often do you have black coffee?" I shrugged.

"Every day, why?" she leaned back in her chair and looked at the waiter.

"I'll have a whipped ice coffee and can you give him green tea with water please." My eyes widened as she gave me a smirk.

"We'll do miss" the waiter shot the both of us a satisfying grin.

"Thank you" she said and leaned forwards.

"Wh- ...why?" I stuttered as I tried transforming my shock into words.  She evilly smiled at me.

"Because... it's unhealthy."

" oh so you're Gretta now?" I said in incitation. She chuckled at my reaction.

I leaned forwards.

"She's a wise woman then" i sighed in defeat. Look at me,I can't even get mad at her.

"Fine. I'm letting this one slide." She smirked.

"You never know, you might even prefer green tea" I groaned in disapproval. She laughed.

The waiter approached us and slowly placed her ice tea with whip cream in front of her and did so with mine followed by a bottle of water. He stood and watched us for a few seconds and Christelle smiled at him.

"Anything else?" He asked. And I raised a brow at him annoyance. He got the hint and moved away silently.

Within seconds Christelle burst out laughing. I turned to her with a quizzical look.

" okay, honestly maui, he's harmless" i rolled my eyes at her. She kept on laughing silently.

"I don't care he was getting annoying." 

"No he did nothing wrong. He was doing his job." She kept on chuckling.

"His job is not to stare at other people's girlfriends." She stopped laughing and smirked.

"Did you just call me your girlfriend." My body tensed as i realised what i just said. I silently picked up my cup of green tea and awkwardly took a sip.

" Maui?" She teased.

" this sucks you know!" I said pouting at the tea and trying to change the subject.

I don't mind continuing this subject. It's just that I caught myself off guard there. But she seems to be having a good time.

"Well, if you don't want to talk about it, that's too bad, 'cause I was gonna accept the title" she took a long sip at her ice coffee and seductively licked the whipped cream off the straw. My mouth was agape as I stared at her.

I cleared my throat.

"Well, I- I don't mind going over it." She laughed a hearty laugh and reached for my hand.

"Christelle Blairmore , make me the happiest guy in the universe and be my girlfriend? Please?" I asked staring deep into her eyes.

We were no longer laughing,  There was complete silence between us. All humor was lost. Our feelings were the ones talking now.