The Cure

I couldn't see anything. Tears were prickling my eyes.

I Was sitting at the edge of my bed. Face in my hands.

She walked away. Again.

My stomach chunned once more and filled me with anger.

No.

No.

I will not let her go. She is not Moana. I will not beat around the bush. I need her. I don't care if she objects. I saw the truth. And i will make it happen.

I walked towards the door and opened it only to see Gretta.

She smiled .

"A good choice my boy" i gulped as i felt my body shake in anticipation to get her back .

"I need to go. I don't know how long i'll be" i said walking past her. She touched my arm and i turned around.

"The ink has spread" she said and i looked at her confusingly.

"What?"

She only chuckled and walked off.

"You'll see" i stood my ground. That woman says really weird things at times. But she always has a reason. I guess i will see, whatever she said.

I walked once more to the door and turned around. Gretta was standing at the head of the staircase. Smiling as she watched me closely.

I gave her a nod. And she waved and flew a kiss at me.

The car ride was torture. The closer i got to her house, the farther away it felt. What was i going to say? Will she be even there?

Don't worry about it Maui. You will tell her how much you love her. Kiss her passionatly to confirm it then tell her sweet nothings.

Yes!

That would work. Not because it's a plan, but because it will reflect the truth and my feelings for her. I need her touch. I need her lips on mine and i certainly need her love. I breathed out a shaky breath as i thought of her.

I looked around as i drove and immediatly stopped. The other cars behind me honked in anger as they passed me.

That's her! That's her car!

I said as i saw her car approaching me in the opposite direction. She was driving rather fast. I hurried and got out of the car standing in her way, in the middle of the road.

The road was nearly deserted, so what i was doing didn't affect anyone. I wouldn't care either way. This was for Christelle. My love for her.

Her car swerved and she abruptly stopped and got out of the car hastily. Her eyes were wide. Her lips pursed and her eyebrows furrowed.

I felt like a mad man.

She didn't move, instead she just stood there and watched me. Her eyes darting all over my face. She wasn't talking or even trying to get words out. She just looked at me blankly.

For a split second i started to doubt this idea, but stopped myself from doing so. This was for HER. Not you.

Then my mind started racing. Why was she in this road? At this time?
Was she coming to me? Was she thinking about the same thing that i was? Does she feel the need of me? All of these questions circled my mind as i watched her carefully.  Her hands trembled as she gripped the door of her car and gulped visibly. My eyes started trailing down her body and up to her eyes again. Her hair was messy as if she ran her fingers through it more than a billion times. Her eyes glassy and tears threatened to fall. I took a step forward.