sicker than love.

I sat in my office with my phone in my hands. Nothing. Not a call, not a text not even an email from her. It's been two damn days now.

I received an email from her father earlier today about his company. But other than that. Nothing.

I woke up from my seat and stood next to the window.

I tried shifting yesterday,but I couldn't. Instead if shifting into my usual hawk form, I shifted into a pathetic little lizard. My own abilities is starting to play games with Me.

I clenched my jaw.

How could she do this to me?
After I told her what I felt she leaves?
Was she scared?
Was I too forward?
Did I came out too strong and freaked her out?

These questions gnawed me to death and tortured my frame of mind that it even affected my shifting.

A human is torturing a demi God. How? I have no idea. But I want it to stop.

I sat once again behind my desk and went through some documents.

A knock on the door caught my intention.

"Sir I'm just letting you know that you have a meeting to attend in 5 minutes." I sighed and nodded.
I woke up from my seat,fixed my suit and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

When I entered the room all eyes were on me. I inhaled deeply and made my way to an empty seat. This was a seniors meeting so there was nothing that could have brought any interest to me . My phone was with me and I placed it on the table beside me. I gave up all hopes of her texting me or calling. So I just looked at the PowerPoint presentation in front of me with voided eyes.

30 minutes later I found myself staring at my phone instead of the presentation. The screen suddenly lit up and a message popped up on my notification board. I hesitated to pick it up and my heart rate increased. I stiffened in my seat and my stomach began doing the summersault. My breathing kicked up a notch and my vision blurred. I was staring at my phone for too long that I almost forgot that I got a message. I picked it up and swiped my fingers across the screen only to be met by an unknown number. It said.

Hey Maui, it's christelle. Can we talk?😕

I released a breath that I didn't know that I was holding.

She texted. She actually texted. I gathered the courage and texted back.

When?

She took a while before replying.

How about I come over to your office?

My vision blurred. And before I could text back, she sent another text.

I know that you might be mad at me, and I want to fix it.

And how are you gonna do that christelle.

I typed in the spur of the moment . I was pissed yes. I mean who runs out on a person without an explanation, Lie by saying , all would be explained the next day but takes 2 days instead.

Give me a chance maui. Please.

And with that my heart sank deeper than the ocean floor. She was begging. Not asking.

I'll see you in an hour.

And with that I turned my phone upside down not being able to look at it any longer. I looked around the room. And fixated my eyes on the clock.

45 minutes left. I said to myself as I straightened my posture in the chair. Which means 15 minutes of waiting.

The meeting unfortunately ended later than I anticipated. It's been over an hour now . I sighed.