Stranger Danger

The day of the barbecue began. And I have to admit, though they made me feel welcomed, it was awkward for me and Christelle. Not just because the family doesn't know about me and her, but in a way it Made me realise that what we have Is a secret. Only her and I live in it. It feels good to think of it that way , makes everything more interesting.

She was incredibly beautiful when I saw her, but sadly I couldn't get the chance to talk to her because her aunt and uncle took her out for a few hours to show her something.

So it was just me and her family. Not doubt this is gonna be awkward. Mr. Blairmore approached me and a sudden anger rose from my guts. And left a bitter taste in my mouth as I spoke to him.

" so glad you could make it." He gave me a handshake.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"If thé world needed more attention, i would have"." His laugh increased the anger inside of me. I tightened my hold on the glass of champagne.

"Ah speaking of the world, Sir Maui meet Mr. Hennersson" he introduced me to a young, good looking fellow who appeared to be in his early 20s. I nodded his way.

"Mr. Hennersson." I said in acknowledgement.

"Mr. Hennersson here just inherited his father's company 6 months ago and I was his mentor." He said proudly.

"Now his next to you on the business chart." I curled my eyebrows in confusion.

" he's the proud owner of JR'S  enterprise."

"Ah, I see"  Jr's  enterprise is an investment company and is third on the successful businesses chart. My company is 2 and Mr. Blairmore is 1st.

"Congratulations" I said trying to be nice and forcing a smile.

"Thank you sir." His voice was big and held authority. Looks like Mr.  Blairmore did a good job.

"I hope we can be good friends" he smiled and I did so myself.

"I hope so too"

"I heard you're gonna be Miss Blairmore 's mentor. That's amazing because you have a good reputation in the business industry and you're quite known." I mentally rolled my eyes and scoffed.

Boot kisser.

" thank you. Yes I'm quite looking forward in helping her."

"She's exceptional isn't she?"

"What?"I turned to him fully and I realised that Mr . Blairmore already left us for another party. Now It was just us.

"Christelle. She's exceptional, beautiful and especially desirable." My eyes widened at his sudden formality. And my heart raced with anger. He is not saying this about my Christelle?

But i didn't want to make a scene. Considering I had no reason to because no one knows about me and Christelle.

" how long have you known her?" I asked instead.

"Oh I've known stelle's since we were kids. I was her neighbour and my father was a good friend of Mr. Blairmore. They were business partners of course.

Stelle's? Oh hell. He's the guy that called Christelle a few weeks ago when I was with her. What's his name again?

Something else interrupted my thoughts.

"Wait. You said your father WAS a good friend to hers?" I asked confused. A sudden emotion flashed on his face. It was grief.

"Yes. My father passed away a year ago. That's why I was immediately trained to take the business. Cause I'm the only child." He said with a forced smile.