Forever mortal

Two days to go until the big day and just thinking about it made me incredibly excited.

Christelle was laying next to me on my bed and was asleep. So I decided to wake up and go for a little stroll on the beach since I wasn't able to sleep.

As I walked through the hallway I saw light emitting from the patio. I thought maybe it was Gretta, but I knew she was out with Miss Stanley. It was too early for her to be in.

I slowly made my way to the patio all the while keeping in mind that this could be a threat. So I had to be prepared.

I was in mid-shift when I reached the patio but I abruptly stopped when I saw what it was.

The cherry Tree. It was radiating a pink light. The roses on it where burning with colours.

"What the hell" I whispered to myself.

"Maui" a sing song voice called out from one of the roses. It sounded like Moana's but it was impossible, because the roses were the Gods and Moana was mortal. So how....

"Maui" the voice became clearer. I was right it wasn't Moana's, it was Teffiti's. I smiled.

"Teffiti. It's been so long Goddess." I bowed and knelt in front of the tree. And with that a glowing light pierced from the heart of the tree and glowed for several seconds before dying out.

Maui you've made us proud once again. You've allowed yourself to love again and accepted her mortality.

Her voice was angelic with a mother's touch.

"All thanks to Gretta and everyone who believed in me" I smiled.

Take what you see Maui and keep it safe til the day of your reunion
We'll be watching over you beloved . always.

And with that the light died out and got up from my kneeling position and looked at the tree. Something was shining brightly in the trunk of the tree and I carefully took it out.

A ring.

The ring was beautiful. Carved by the Gods themselves. And the carvings on it were tribals. Christelle will love it.

I placed my hands on the tree and it felt warm. The bark so soft like human skin and the smell, so sweet and intoxicating.

Forever mortal the roses chanted.