Demi God of Failure

It's been weeks now since i told her everything.

She left me.

I'm torn.

I'm empty.

And to make it worse. I'm still mentoring her. I see her everyday. Talk to her. But it doesn't feel the same.

She would look at me at times. Glance my way and immediatly ignore me. Her eyes held no emotion of passion. And yet when i stand close to her or sit next to her in meetings she would tense and her breathing would increase. She would tremble.

I cannot take this anymore. I can't even touch her. I need her lips on mine. I needed her touch. Her body. Her eyes staring back at mine with emotion. Her face beaming when we talk. I need all of HER.

Why did you wait too long? I scolded myself.

But then again. She's gone because she's afraid of losing you. She won't live forever. And you will be alone without her anyway. So why not use this opportunity to move on Maui?

I Can't.

I wouldn't even if i could.

But i can't.

It's impossible.

She understands me more than anyone. She knows what i need.

I wish i could change her mind. But. What if it'll make things worse?

I leaned back into my chair and watched her as she sat at another desk i got for her in my office.

Hair up.
Tight skirt.
Red lipstick.
Dark make-up.
Typing.
Legs crossed.
She was beautiful.

I thought back to the day she left me.

She took the herbs from Gretta and bid her good-byes to her. I then drove her to her house. As i got closer my stomach chunned and the pain grew from bad to worse. I pulled in her driveway and she got off in a hurry. She didn't look at me. Not even sparing me a glance. As she closed the door, my heart went with her. Never to be returned.

But I love you. I whispered to myself.

I sat in her driveway for half an hour not having the courage to drive away from her. I was crying. I was sobbing and i was hopeless.

Then i saw her. I saw her walking to the living room and collapsed to the ground. Crying. Sobbing so loud that if there were houses nearby, her neighbours would come running for her aid. She screamed in agony and muttered my name. She didn't have the strength to wake up. I could tell. And i didn't have the strength to move either. I cried with her. Feeling the passion of Pain burn through the cries that she was letting out.

"Maui?" She asked, snapping me back to reality. She was standing in front of me with a stack of papers. She usually calls me Sir Maui. But she addressed me by my name meaning it was personal.

Now's your chance. Get her back. Tell her how you feel. I said to myslef.

She already knows how i feel. I scolded back.

"Yes" i said gasping.

She stayed quiet. Knowing what i was thinking about.

"It's been.."

"3 weeks, i know,i know" she looked down as i finished her sentence. My tone was rather harsh. But it was not my intention. I looked down.

Awkwardness became the air we breathed.

"How's Gretta?" She asked changing the subject.

"She's doing okay. As usual." I said curtly.

She nodded.

"Good. Say hi for me" she looked down and turned around.

MORTALITY IS MORTALITY.
MORTALITY IS IMMORTALITY

I repeated in my head.

I need to show her that. Make her realise that. Make her see the truth.

"Mortality is immortality" i murmured rather loudly. She turned around on her heel.

"What?" She said.

I didn't repeat what i said, instead i walked up to her. And stood infront of her.

"3 weeks Christelle is not enough to erase 8 months full of memories." I said raising my hands to her cheeks. She stiffeneda s she felt my warmth.

"We.. i.. Maui it can't" she said not knowing what to say.

"You need me" i said.

She looked up. Truth flashed in her eyes.

She did.

"Don't complicate this" she bowed her head in defeat. Unable to lie.

"I love you. You love me. I need you and so do you. I scream your name every night hoping you'll come back. I cry hoping you'll be there to dry my tears. I sleep with as many pillows as possible pretending they are you. I can't. Do. It. No. More" i said with emotion.

"Maui, it's no use" a tear rolled down my cheeks as i released my hold on her. That pained me.

She shuddered.

Her face turned pale. She was more fragile when i wasn't holding her. She trembled.

"Say you love me." I plead.

She looked down.

"Christelle?" i almost shouted in desperation.

"Please say you love me"

Her head was down. When she raised it her eyes were red and her body trembled. Shook vigorously.

"Please" i whispered in tears.

She turned around and walked away.

How can she do this?

I leaned back against the desk. Almost stumbling.

MAUI. DEMI GOD OF FAILURE.

**********************************

Hey guys. Dont worry it'll work out in the next chapter😂😂😂 cannot believe im almost done writing this book.

I love you all.

Please vote and comment. But mostly comment because i like it better tha. Votes for some reason..lol