Careful It May Be Poisoned

It was as if i was meeting her mum for the first time. Her hair back. Lips pursed. Raised eyebrow. She was ready for an interrogation , i'll give you that.

"Wine maui?" She said her voice teasing.

I cleared my throat.

"Sadly no,but thank you"

"Shame" she replied and woke up from her seat to pour herself a glass.

Christelle was seating next to me. I bet she regrets her decision in taking me to her mother. I glanced her way. She did so too and scratched her neck in discomfort.

Yup. Completely regrets it.

"Maui, you have to know i was seriously disappointed when i found my daughter weeping herself to death in her room a few weeks ago" christelle sat straighter.

"Mum it was my ch-"

"No." I cut her off, knowing where she was going with this. I don't need her to defend me on this. Because it was my fault.

"I don't know what happened between the two of you, she won't tell me so i won't push it with you." She moved back to her seat. Glass in between her fingers and knees crossed.

"greatly appreciated." I said with courage. I sat straighter.

I turned to Christelle who's hands were now in mine and gripping them.

"Can i have a moment with your mum?" I said in a sweet voice to her. She stiffened.

Miss stanley acted as if she was expecting this request and smiled. Her smile didn't seem too sincere, nor manipulating. So i didn't know what she was feeling at that moment.

"No" Christelle stuttered. I smiled at her and brought my face closer to hers, whispering into her ears.

"Go on my sunshine. It'll be fine" she shivered as she felt my hot breath tickle her ears. She nodded and woke up a few minutes later after eyeing me and her mum.

"Don't do anything stupid" she said to me when she got the door. I laughed.

"He can't promise you that, trust me" her mum said looking at me but her head facing her daughter.

When she left, miss Stanley woke up from her seat and sat closer to me.

"I don't blame you for everything, because i know that you've been hurting too, which makes me know that it was my daughter's decision." I breathed in hard.

"Gretta" i whispered, knowing how close her miss stanley was now and how she easily spoke about my state of mind at that time.

"We are great friends after all. No secrets" my heart jumped when she said no secrets as i thought of the main reason why me and Christelle were apart.

"I'm fond of your friendship with Gretta" i said. Her features relaxed.

"As i am too" i nodded.

We stayed in an awkward silence that was broken when she spoke again.

"If it was any other man that bruised my daughter's heart, i would have sacked him, ripped him off his industry and make him a simple waiter at a diner in the middle of texas." I gulped.

"Oh" was all i said before she continued.

"But since it's you and i know that you would never forsake my daughter, i will let it slide and grant you permission to continue to be with my daughter." She sipped her wine. Letting me register what she has just said.

" good to know that i have your blessing." I said tapping my fingers against the arm of the chair. Asking Christelle to leave was the worst decision i've made.

"I've seen a lot of dick heads in my life time , Maui. Presumably, her father. So i know one when i see one. Do not disappoint me." I nodded.

"Hurting your daughter is not my strong suit. Never will be, too" she smiled.

"Good" she said and leaned back into her chair.

"Is that wine offer still on?" I asked as i straightened in my seat, needing something strong to cut the tension.

" would you prefer rum?" She asked as if knowing what my intentions were towards drinking the wine.

"Whiskey?" I asked. I've never been a fan of rum.

"Second shelf on the right." She said and i woke up and immediatly poured myself a glasss. A big, long glass.

She drank slowly and watched me closely as i stood and took a sip out of my Tennessee Whiskey.

"Good whiskey", i said raising my glass.

"Careful, it might be poisoned" i held the amount i had in my mouth afraud to swallow. She wasn't serious was she?

"I knew leaving you wasn't a good idea" Christelle walked in uninvitedly and stood by me, taking the glass from my hand.

Miss Stanley rolled her eyes.

"It was a decent conversation, it's not as if i'm standing so close to him and poking a finger at his chest, threatning him" Christelle pouted.

"She has a point there christelle." She turned to me and dead-panned.

"Your mum is fine with everything and it'll be fine" i said reassuringly and smiled. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Did she tell you the drink might be poisoned?"  She asked in a - i bet she did tone'

I cleared my throat and smiled.

"Thought so" was all she said before turning to her mum when she spoke.

"Well, i need to go, i have some business to attend to, i'll check in with you two later" She said as she woke up from her seat and walked towards the door. Wine still in her hand.

"Do not let this be a repeat" she warned to the both of us but i knew it was directed to me.

And with that she left and closed the door, leaving with me, christelle. Alone.

I circled her waist, happy she was in my arms.

"How did you know she said that about the drink"

"Why do you think my father is afraid of her. She's unpredictable" i nodded and pulled her close.

" are you like that" i asked concerned. She smirked.

"We'll see" was all she said before turning to face me and wrapping her arms around me.

"It's been so long since i've touched you, felt you, i almost forgot how good it felt." She whispered against my lips.

"I hadn't forgotten" i whispered back and tugging at her bottom lip.

She groaned and pulled back.

"Show me more. In what else can you shift in?" She asked enthusiatically and curiously.

I smiled.

"As many things as i wish" i said soflty.

"Show me" she breathed out, pulling herself closer to me.

"If you keep pulling yourself towards me like this i might be obligated to show you something else" i was almost breathless as i spoke.

She chuckled.

"Okay then. Later."

"What  is it exactly that i'll show you later?"

"Your abilities in shifting" she whispered seductively.

"And what am i gonna show you now?" I smirked.

"You're gonna show me to my bedroom Maui" with a grunt i took her hands and led her out of the room and upstairs.

That was one of the things i missed about her. I love her. And i missed her. How much? I have no clue. But as long as she's with me we are in this together

***********************************

Hi🙄

I'm hoping you guys enjoyed this chappie.

Have a great day today.😉