14- He's leaving ?

Chapter 14

Ella's POV

Rayn was shocked at my respond, he was dazed so I just neared him and enveloped him in a warm hug .

" Ella, thank you for being here " he said while crying,his voice was shivering.

" No problem" I put my hand gently on his head and felt his soft hair.
He hugged me back and I must say, it felt nice .
I looked at the car and glanced Veer, standing there, giving me a funny expression like it says ' I know what you did there' so I just glared at him with a small smile, he giggled back.
After that I parted myself from Rayn.

" Hey Rayn I think we should... um go see your father, he has been waiting for us this whole time " I pointed out looking at his direction.

" yeah we should " he replied, then we walked toward Veer.

Veer laughed at us and the first thing he said was " You guys seem pretty close huh" with a wink.

I felt awkward didn't know how to reply but then Rayn remarked
" so? does is it bother you if we were
close? "
To tell the truth Veer and I were surprised at his reply ,I was very shocked, so we remained silent and stunned at his words.

" Are we staying here the entire day ,it's already 6:30 p.m, come on lets go back home ,I'm hungry " Rayn confirmed then opened the driver's seat door and ran the engine, so we got in, I sat in the back seat and Veer in the front seat.

I looked at Rayn from the middle mirror and I saw that his face was calm yet his eyes were red from all that crying, and I like it when someone cries their suffering for me because that shows that they cry not because they are weak, they cry because they were strong for too long .
After a couple of minutes of me staring at Rayn, we arrived home .

" Welcome home " Kevin said while standing next to the fridge, pulling the dinner that he just made.

" hey Kevin, how can I help you ?" I asked him then washed my hands

" You can sit and start eating cause dinner is ready " he announced.

" Kev, you're the best " Veer said that then sat on the corner of the table and started eating.

" Dad...  did you even washed your hands? " Rayn asked him while wiping his hands from the water.

" it doesn't matter when you're super hungry ,am I right ? " he replied.

" You are disgusting"

We sat on the table and began eating.
I peered at Rayn for seconds until our eyes meet,  I couldn't avert my eyes because I have this rule and that's
' never avert you eyes even for your enemy ' I know it's corny but when you have been living with a father as a detective, you will understand what I mean.
" Ella, do I have something on my face? " Rayn questioned me.

" No, I was just... oh yes where is Lucy ? " I changed the subject yet still staring at him.

" I don't know, and I don't  wanna know "  he said with no interest then continued eating.

" by the way you guys,  I'm leaving tomorrow " Veer out of no where said.

" what do you mean ' tomorrow ' , why you didn't tell me ?" Kevin pointed out.

" yeah,  you should have mentioned.   earlier "  I said .

" I didn't want to trouble you . I will leave first thing in the morning so you don't have to wake up. "

" oh no of course we will wake up, right Rayn! " I remarked

" depends, how early? " Rayn asked with a fork in his mouth.

" 4 a.m" Veer replied.

" oh hell no, tomorrow's the weekend, I want some rest " Rayn said then grabbed his plate and put it near the washer .

While we were arguing I got a call from mom. But that call changed my mode completely.