29- Cheers

Chapter 29

Kevin's POV

When the football game was over I went to Joshua's house, he has been my friend since high school days, I thought of paying him a visit.

I knocked the door and waited for a couple of minutes.

Then the door was opened " Well well well look who decided to come and visit, what after 4 years? " Joshua said with a big smile then came to me for a brotherly hug.

" Hey man, I know , how are you ? " I asked as we parted and went to the living room.

" Good, you know work home, home work " he sighted then sat on the sofa.

You see Joshua is a single man, he doesn't believe in marriage or women and I can't blame him because I know how women can be super annoying, I had divorce with my ex-wife ,we didn't get along well, so everyone of us went on their separate ways, me staying in London near my Jasmine and her traveling around the world alone and I respect that.

" So Kevin what are you doing these days ?" he asked.

" You know work , go to Jasmine's... Did you know that I'm a grandpa now? " I said excited remembering the cute little twins.

" You what.... Man you're growing old, how many? " He asked with a smile. Joshua loves kids so much, when he finished high school he volunteered in an orphanage to make children happy then he went to New York to study.

" She had twins 8 months ago, their names are Grace and Daniel they are so lovely you should meet them, you will love them I'm sure and she's now pregnant in her 4th month . " I replied, blissful.

" Wow, that little Jaz has grown up to be a fine woman and mother ... Okay I will pay them a visit as soon as I can " He said then went to the Kitchen and grabbed two glasses of wine.

" Cheers for Jaz " He said.

" Cheers" I replied.

~~~

One hour later

I heard my phone ring, I picked it up to see Jasmine's name.

Me :" Hello honey "

Jaz :" Dad... h-help "

She was crying. I stood in my place feeling solicitous.

Me :" What's wrong? " I said in a though tone.

Jaz :" G-Grace i-is m-missing " I heard her crying get harder over the phone.

Me :" What do you mean she's MISSING? " I almost screamed at her. She's scaring me out.

Jaz :" She's not in her bed nor the house nor the neighborhood *crys* What should I do dad we looked everywhere ? "

Me :" Calm down sweety, she's going to be okay ,I'm coming over. "
I hang the phone and saw Joshua's worried face.

" I have to go, Grace is missing " I said then went to the door and opened it.

" Wait for me ...I'm coming with you, don't forget I'm a member of the FBI, I can help and I guess I can use my connections if it was needed " He said.

" Thanks man " I said grateful.

Joshua works as a secret agent for the American FBI. He is super smart for his own good.

~~~

" Jasmine " I said as I opened her door, I saw Louise ,Ed and some neighbors that I don't know.

" Dad " She ran to me ,with tears in her red eyes.

" Dad, I can't... she's not here " She barley said.She was sobbing so hard.

" Okay, calm down Jaz... When was the last time you saw her? " Joshua asked.

" Josh you're here too... " she hugged him real tight ,I guess she missed him.

" I left her sleeping in her bed next to Daniel. " She explained.

" Where is Daniel? " I didn't see him,my tears were threatening​ to fall.

" He's asleep in the living room but he was in his bed when she wasn't " Louise said trying to keep the tough face.

"I think It's a possible kidnapping
case " Joshua stated in a calm voice.

" WHAT ?  NOOO THAT CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO MY BABY " Jasmine screamed.

As I wanted to calm her, I got a phone call from... Rayn? 
I pick it up but as I was about to say hello he shouted.

Rayn :" Ella has been kidnaped "

Me :" WHAT ?? "

Rayn :" Like I said she has been kidnapped, come on help me here Kevin " He shouted over the phone that made his voice clear to Joshua and Jaz who were standing next to me.They looked at me worried.

Me :" What's wrong with this day... Grace is missing too "

Rayn :"  Hell what, that innocent baby girl  .Where are you ? I'm
coming "

Me :" I'm in Jasmine's house "

Rayn : "be there in 10 " he hung up after he said that.

I looked at Joshua's face and sighted.
"Who is Ella? " Joshua asked.

" She's the young lady that I'm hired to take care of, she's a rich lady and has a dark past ,her parents sent her here to hide here but I'm assuming they found her and the one who was on the phone is her bodyguard" I replied.

~~~

We heard a loud knock on the door, it must be Rayn. Jaz went to open it.

" Come in " She invited him in a weak voice .

" How in the world they kidnapped her?  you're suppose to be with her " I yelled angrily as I saw him enter the living room.

" I was with her but she just went to the bathroom and I stayed by the door. I waited for 5 minutes but she didn't come out so I went inside only to see her high heels on the floor so I dashed to the bathroom window to see nothing, I got back to the party and looked for her but didn't see her so I called you. " Rayn said in a shaky voice.
I guess he's afraid, I'm mean he likes her and I... ugh.

" Did you tell anyone? " I asked defeated.

" No, just you " He replied.

" Good, now let's call her patents " I said then picked up my phone.

I dialed the number and waited for seconds until Marry picked up, her mother .

Marry :" Hello "

Me :" Hey Marry "

Marry :" oh hey Kevin, what's up?  you never call me ."

Me :" Well that's because it's about Ella "

Marry :" What happened to her ? Where is she? wait let me put it on speaker so Ian can hear too "

Me :" Okay you should know that Rayn was with her the whole time except when she went to the bathroom, you know he can't enter a lady's restroom...  "

Ian (her father) :" So what happened? Tell me Kevin ,now."

Me :" She has been Kidnapped "

Marry :" No my angel.. " Her voice was shaky.

Ian :"Oh God... Rayn... Rayn can you hear me ?"

He called for him and I too was putting the phone on speaker.

Rayn :" Y-Yes s-sir? "

Ian :" How did that happen? I trusted you son "

Rayn showed an expression filled with regret and sorrow, I felt sorry for him for the first time since he got here I looked at his eyes, he was crying, his eyes are all red and puffy .He caught his breath and told him what happened.