Prologue

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. It was about eight in the morning as I got ready for my first class of the day. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and put it up, then I pulled down a few strands and some baby hair. Exiting the bathroom, I picked up my backpack, keys, and slipped my shoes on as I left home. My mom goes to work early so she had left around six thirty. I drove to class and sat in. I tried to pay attention, but about halfway through I got bored. The professor dismissed us and we left. I had another class at three so I decided to meet with my friends until then.

"Hey, Chaemi!" Ji-ah greeted me happily. "How was class?" Ohjin asked. I shrugged. "Are you guys hungry?" I asked. They both answered yes. We walked over to a close food place to eat at. It was a chicken place, so we ordered boneless chicken wings. Our friend Lu joined us.

Ohjin and Ji-ah were half-cousins but they were together a lot. They were close to each other and my best friends. Ohjin comes off a bit feminine in some ways, but he is really nice and great person. He always falls for the wrong girls though. Ji-ah is sweet and she looks like a nice, quiet girl, but she is very outgoing and likes to go to a party at least once a week. Lu came off as a small, petite girl and gave off a similar vibe as Ji-ah, except she didn't party too much. She was outgoing in a different way and to be honest, Ji-ah was nicer.

As we discussed a party that was going to occur on Friday, Lu mentioned her boyfriend. They had been dating for four months, almost five, and none of us had yet to meet him. She said he took her to two or three of his parties but she hasn't been to any more, then she mentioned that the upcoming party was his friend's and he invited us to meet him. We all said that it sounded great.