Five

Monday whirled around and somehow I had finished all my work. Half of the kids in every class weren't even there and the ones that did show up were sleeping. "I understand why none of you are paying attention to this class, frankly I don't care much since I've been paid for this already. Let me just say," here she goes...a rant about being responsible in life, "you have to own up to everything. You pay for this class and to go here, you don't pay to party. You pay to get a degree and you pay to get a career. Focus! And maybe all of that will be possible," the professor sighed and then continued her lesson. I listened and took notes. After class, I met with Lu for lunch. She was just as okay as I was.

"You didn't party too hard?" I questioned. She shook her head, "um...no. I mean, I went for a bit on Saturday but I left early," Lu explained. "Any reason?" I opened my prepared lunch of sushi. She sighed and shrugged, "Hoseok was being a d*ck." I tried to hide the wave of guilt I felt. I didn't know if I should tell her or not. I mean, I was wrong to hook up with him and she had every right to know if he was cheating since she definitely deserved better...but then she would hate me too. "How?" I pushed my thoughts away. "He started telling me to do lines of coke with him but he knows I'm clean. He may be in a bad group and all but I keep telling him I don't want to get into that stuff," Lu piled two pieces of sushi into her mouth at once. I nodded. "He isn't a bad guy. He's no good in that gang or whatever but he is sweet. Even if we fight a lot," she added. It didn't seem like she knew. "Is he good to you?" I mumbled. Lu nodded, "yeah. He doesn't do me any wrong. I like him." Yikes. She definitely didn't know.

After lunch, Ji-ah called me to study with her. I spent the rest of my night studying and then I went home. Mom was asleep already so it was quiet. I took a shower and read a book before sleeping.

Ji-ah:
F*cking pig

I was confused when I woke up and saw that text from Ji-ah. My initial reaction was, "who?" but then I thought, "did she find out?"

Me:
Who?

Ji-ah replied telling me to meet her. She sat down with two coffees and gave one to me. "I can't f*cking believe him!" She said angrily as she took a sip. "Who?" I sighed. "F*cking Hoseok! Lu called me this morning crying. She said that Hoseok slapped her!" I got really scared at the mention of him. "Why?" I was also genuinely mad. "She wouldn't get high! Isn't that stupid? She won't break up with him because she said he was 'too high to be logical' like what? I'm so angry," Ji-ah ranted to me. I was angry too. I knew that guy gave me bad vibes and I knew she deserved better. My phone rang and I showed Ji-ah, "speak of the devil."

Lu called me telling me to bring Ji-ah and Ohjin to hang out and go bowling together at 11pm. I agreed and so did Ji-ah, we told her to call Ohjin separately. Maybe she wanted to go bowling to get over Hoseok even if they didn't break up.

Ohjin drove us to the bowling alley where we met up with Lu. She was putting her shoes on by herself. "Hey, guys!" she waved happily. "I'll get our shoes," Ji-ah announced and walked away. "Which lane?" I asked her. She pointed and smiled widely, saying, "the one Hoseok's at, silly." My eyes followed her finger to where Hoseok was standing, waving at Ohjin and I.