Twenty-Five

Now deemed a recovered addict, I was able to go home and pretend none of it happened. I made sure my mom was gone when Hoseok dropped me off. "Come inside," I told him. After the four months I spent living between his apartment, the club apartment, and my home I didn't think he was too bad. Hoseok screwed up a lot but he helped me through my addiction and recovery. A part of me still wanted to do it but if I thought about it logically, I could have died or gotten into something worse. He didn't smoke or even drink alcohol when he was with me. Hoseok was a good friend for me and it helped since nobody else knew about what I was going through and they didn't know I stayed with him six days of the week.

Hoseok followed me to the kitchen and I handed him the Ziploc box. "What is this?" he questioned. "There's cocaine in there. I've had it the whole time but I didn't touch it. Just get rid of it or use it, I don't care," I told him. Hoseok set it on the counter and hugged me. I still didn't like him being with Lu because I still thought he wasn't good to her. He treated her okay but he still cheated and slapped her. I was sure they weren't going to date much longer because she wasn't as lovey dovey to him as before but Hoseok had also been distancing himself for a while. "I'm gonna go, don't do anything stupid," he warned. "When can I drink again?" I wondered. Hoseok thought and said, "it would be best to wait seven more months to make it a year." I nodded and he left.

Ji-ah came to spend the night. We watched movies with my mom. It felt good to spend time with my mom and her again. When we got ready for bed, Ji-ah and I decided we would tell each secrets. "I initiated Lu and Hoseok," Ji-ah admitted. "What? How?" I asked. "I didn't know him but I told her if she thought he was cute then she should ask him out. So I made her do it," she shrugged. She added in, "I regret it now but at least he hasn't given that last red flag. Your turn!" I paused. I had to tell someone. "I had sex with Hoseok."