Twenty-Two

I woke up again in a different car. "It's hot," I took the jacket off and tried to take my shorts off. Hoseok stopped me when he realized I hadn't been wearing underwear. "Where are we?" I shuffled in my seat. "I'm outside of a hospital. Tell me, are you okay?" he asked. I fidgeted with my feet and plopped into the seat. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Do you have any?" I touched his arm. "What? Coke?" I nodded. "No. You're burning up," he stated and held my hand. I fussed a bit and then tried to open the door. "Let me out," I whined. "No," Hoseok refused. I tried again and again. "Hoseok! Let me out! Why are you keeping me in here? It's hot and...and I'm scared. Let me out!" I started yelling. Hoseok grabbed my arms so I wouldn't bang on the door again. "Calm down," he wrapped himself around me while I tried to flail my arms around and I kicked the door. When I got too hot, I stopped. Hoseok got out the car and then picked me up. I tried to kick him but I was getting frustrated. I didn't know what he was doing or where he was taking me. I just wanted to get high. I gave up and laid in his arms until he put me on a bed. The bed started moving and people were pushing me to a room. "Do you know why she is like this?" someone spoke. I looked at Hoseok and he just said, "she's overdosing."

They didn't do much but put me in a room. They basically monitored me to make sure I didn't die. Hoseok stayed in the room with me the whole time. I couldn't sleep the whole night and the next day I was just frustrated and I wanted to be alone. "What are you doing?" I asked Hoseok when I couldn't sleep on the second day. He was probably tired since he was trying to stay up until I fell asleep. "I've been here," he said to me, "I overdosed multiple times on different things." "Then why are you making me stop?" I turned to look at him. "That's the trick. You do it for fun, when you get in too deep you quit for about three months and then start again. The recovery sucks though. That's why I'm careful now. You're in for a lot," Hoseok explained. I stayed quiet. "Why do you care what I do?" I tried to sound angry. Hoseok shifted in his seat and said, "I don't know. I like you." I threw my pillow at him and told him to shut up.