Ten

Unknown:
Hey, it's Young

I stared at my screen blankly as I sat in class. I would never ask for someone's number unless I'm tipsy. I didn't think he was going to text me considering it had been almost a week.

Me:
Hey

I texted him back and forth for a while. It was just small talk. After dinner time I got a text from him asking what I was doing tonight. It was Thursday and I had class the next day. I didn't know if I wanted to say I was busy or not. After thinking I told him I was free. He didn't respond. I shrugged it off. I mean, he was just some guy I met so it wasn't really a big deal.

Around nine I was sitting outside with Ohjin while we did some work. It was warm and there was an occasional breeze. Ohjin did stuff for his English class and I was stalling on Instagram. A car or two drove passed every couple of minutes. "It's supposed to rain tomorrow," Ohjin told me. I nodded and leaned on my hand. "That car has passed three times," he sighed as a black car drove by. "Really? Are you sure?" I questioned flatly. He nodded, "maybe they're lost. Are you even doing work?" I looked at him and raised my eyebrows. "Don't you have stuff due tomorrow?" I nodded. "I'll do it before class," I replied. We sat outside until Ohjin announced he was finished. It was ten thirty. "The gas station closes at eleven so I'm gonna walk up there and get some drink, want anything?" I shook my head. "I'll be like fifteen minutes or so, then we can head to my place." Ohjin walked off.

I scrolled on my laptop and then checked my phone.

Unknown:
I know it's late but can I pick you up?

I wasn't sure if Ohjin would be okay with me switching plans. He probably would be.

Me:
Sure. I'm near the Hokke's

Hokke's was the gas station Ohjin went to. Young replied saying he would arrive soon. I packed up my stuff and texted Ohjin that I had something come up. He sent an emoji back. I waited a couple minutes and a car pulled up. The window rolled down and I heard a call for my name. I couldn't see him very well in the dark but I greeted him as I opened the door. "Get in the back, please," he said. I shut the door and as I opened the back door I heard my name. "Chaemi, where are you going?" I looked over and saw clearly under the light, Young. I looked into the car and saw a different face. Quickly, I slammed the car door and jogged over to Young. "Sorry," I glanced back at the car, "I thought that was you...Let's go because I have no idea who that was." Young and I started walking away from the car. "You don't?" I heard behind us. I turned and realized the guy in the back seat of the car had caught up to us. "Uh...Hoseok...S-Sorry."