Thirty-Two

Judging from his face, it wasn't a good answer. "She stopped talking to me last year. She found out about the gang and that I dabbled in some drugs and she said I was trouble. She said she wouldn't be able to help me again and so when she moved to New York, she changed her number and stopped contacting me all together," Hoseok confided in me. I felt so bad. How could his own sister do that? Maybe she just felt too hurt or too scared. Maybe she thought he was going to die and she couldn't handle it. "I'm sorry, Hoseok," I tried to let my emotions show. He just got up and went to the kitchen.

I couldn't drink. When Hoseok set the beer in front of me I just couldn't do it. So we waited a week and then I did. It felt normal, like nothing was different. So I got back into complete normal drinking habits within the next two months. I went drinking with Ohjin, Lu, and Ji-ah when I was safe to get drunk. At the end of the night, Lu dropped me off a block away from Hoseok's because I told her my friend lived in the building next to his. I stumbled my way into the elevator and to Hoseok's. He would probably laugh at me. When he opened the door, hair and pajamas all messy, he just stepped out of my way.

I giggled and he asked why I was laughing. "I forgot what time it is," I told him. It was late and he was definitely asleep. I took my shoes off and hurried to the bedroom where I could lay down. Hoseok just said, "okay...I'll sleep in the guest room tonight."

I woke up the next morning with a horrible hangover. I forgot how bad they hurt. When I made an attempt to roll onto the floor, I rolled into a body. Hoseok's body. I groaned and pushed him but stopped when I realized I wasn't touching fabric. I blinked and made sure I wasn't crazy. Hoseok was naked! I looked around and saw clothes on the floor. I was naked..."Oh God...Oh no....God, d*mn it!" I mumbled. I got up and hurried to the guest room where my clothes were stored for when I stayed over. I wasn't supposed to do that. Why would I do that!? I didn't feel that way about him like...he was a friend. It definitely wasn't the first time but I didn't foresee it happening ever again. I mumbled curse words as I got in the shower, showered, and got dressed. Hoseok was up and dressed and eating when I got out. "D*mn you! Tell me what happened because you were sober!"