Thirty-Five

My mom's face dropped immediately. "What...what do you mean?" She stuttered out. "I started doing cocaine. I did it for around four months. Every day, in the morning and before bed and whenever I got the chance. I hid it as best I could," I confessed. She started to tear up. "How...I didn't know...How did I not know?" She asked herself. Hoseok said, "you couldn't have. A lot of us didn't know. I didn't know for a month and her friends still don't know." "You found out and you didn't tell anyone?" My mom got angry at him. "I couldn't. She would be in jail for a long, long time and she had completely withdrew from everyone," he tried to explain. "Excuses!" She cried. "No, he's right. I didn't contact anyone and I only hung around my boyfriend. Hoseok's actually the one who saved me. I started overdosing and I didn't know. My boyfriend just gave me more and some pill that made it worse. He left me alone in his apartment but Hoseok called. He took me to the hospital, dealt with the bills, and he dealt with charges," I told her. She was crying a lot. Hoseok reached his hand out and she held it. "I stopped just over a year ago. That's why I left for a while. I was recovering and now I'm okay. I can drink like normal and everything is okay," I assured her. "How can I know?" she pleaded. "I've gone through the same thing," Hoseok admitted to her; I was shocked he would say that, "I know what it's like. She'll be okay from now on." My mom sobbed and hugged me. She apologized over and over and over again. When she calmed down, she hugged Hoseok and thanked him over and over and over again. She made me promise to come home twice a week after that. I think my mom had started to trust Hoseok more after that. She was overwhelmed that once he left, she stuck to me like glue. She even slept with me in my bed. I didn't blame her, I had scarred her with news that had already happened. She probably felt hopeless and like a bad parent but I felt like a bad daughter for making her go through hearing that and she didn't even get the chance to help me.