One

I wanted to buy the ice cream but I was pretty broke. It was getting warm out. Even if it is winter I eat ice cream, so I guess it didn't matter if it was warm or not. Ohjin saw me staring at the ice cream and then my wallet. "You broke?" he chuckled. I nodded. "I got you. Just today though," he squinted and joked. "You sure?" I asked, knowing he was say yes. "Thanks, Ohjin!! You know how much I like ice cream," I said. He nodded while buying the ice cream. He handed it to me and started eating one he had bought for himself. We sat outside in the sun and relaxed. It was nice to kick back every now and again. Ohjin sat up suddenly, "I have something to tell you that you can't tell anyone!" I sat up and nodded, "go ahead." Ohjin finished his ice cream and said, "there's a girl." I raised an eyebrow, signaling for him to continue. "She's in my painting class and she is beautiful. Her art is beautiful too. Even if she was ugly, her art would make you fall for her. She is so beautiful and talented! Her name is Song Soyou." I leaned back and asked, "you know what we need to know," he looked interested, "if she will be at the party tomorrow." Ohjin widened his eyes and nodded. "But how?" he asked me. "Ask her, duh. Be all cool, like, 'hey, are you going to that party tonight, cool, maybe I'll see you' and walk away!" I encouraged. "You know I can't!" Ohjin cried out. "Why? Just do it and be cool about it. Do it at the end of class so she can't reject you or anything." Ohjin groaned, "I'm not doing that."

"Doing what?" Ji-ah joined us. "Nothing. A stupid dare," Ohjin said. "What dare?" she pushed. "Stealing ice cream," I joked. He shook his head. Ji-ah eyed us and then shrugged. "Who wants to go on a walk? I need to work out?" Ohjin shook his head and excused himself to his 'own duties.' I went with her.

The next morning I went to my class and then went back home. I slept until two in the afternoon and texted my friends. We all agreed to hang out before the party. I put on a kind of revealing dress but something that could also be casual and did my make up, which I never did. Lu, Ji-ah, Ohjin, and I decided to eat before going. Lu said her boyfriend was really...something. He was going to be one of the big guys there. I was kinda shocked. None of us ever knew Lu even got in with that crowd. How did she even end up with one of the big guys in the gang anyway?

When we finished eating, we went to the party. It was nine so it was packed already. It was at a big, big, big mansion a little ways away. There was a small balcony separate from upstairs where the DJ was focused on playing music with someone next to him. Some people were already drunk, most weren't yet. Mainly people were just hanging out. The smell of weed and alcohol was already evident in the house. Lu said for us to follow her. She took us into the basement where two guys standing stiffly in black were blocking the door; they let us in when she said who she was. More guys in black stood like statues throughout the basement and other guys were sitting on the couches or standing around. Lu rushed over to a guy in a purple fur jacket with tinted round glasses in his hair. He has a necklace on, a black shirt, ripped black pants and cheetah shoes. A few rings were on his fingers as he held a glass with clear liquid in one hand and a joint in between his fingers in the other.

"Hey," he kissed Lu. "This is Ohjin, Ji-ah, and Chaemi!" She smiled. Her boyfriend analyzed us and smiled. He got up and greeted us all with hugs. He gave Ji-ah a kiss on her hand and me a kiss on the cheek. "I'm Hoseok. I'm gonna be fair and give you a heads up. I don't expect anything bad between us but then again, sh*t happens. Don't f*ck with me or anyone here. Got that? Not many come into the basement. Enjoy the party for as long as it lasts, it'll probably be the best you've been to," he licked his lips and then his eyes flicked over to me. A smile formed on his lips as he heard the music upstairs get louder. "I should get the party started for real now," the fur on his coat grazed my arm as he walked passed me, "make yourselves at home."