Nineteen

I did it at least twice a day. I would wake up, two lines, and I would go to bed, two lines. I did it every small chance I got in between too. I got it from Jimin every time even though he said he wasn't a dealer. I was kind of seeing him. We would hang out on occasion but most of the time it was to have sex or get coke. He said he liked to get high with me.

My mom wasn't even suspicious because I tried not to sniffle around her and I didn't do it at home except for when I woke up and when I went to bed. I hung out with my friends less because I didn't feel like hiding it. When school started again, I did it in the bathroom before my class. I wasn't really failing but for someone with A's and B's, I had gone down to almost all C's. Nobody knew about it and nobody was suspicious of it.

I tried to make more friends in Jimin's circle so I could do it without hiding the sniffles or making sure my nose wasn't red. One day when I was just eating with Jimin, not buying drugs or having sex, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I accepted because I liked him and we had been friends for a few months.

A couple weeks after I started dating Jimin, I told Lu, Ohjin, and Ji-ah. They wanted to meet him. Now, I hung out with them about once a week or so and I never really saw Hoseok. I saw him like once a month or less. He had tried contacting me a couple times but I never answered. Lu asked if Hoseok could be there to meet Jimin. I knew they probably met before but I didn't think they were friends so I said sure.

"I'm kind of nervous," Jimin nudged my arm. "Why? They're nice," I said, "you didn't..." I hinted to him and he said, "no, no. You said they don't know so I didn't do any." I kissed his cheek and we went inside. They were seated at a table talking. "This is Jimin. Jimin, this is Lu, Ji-ah, Ohjin, and I think you met Hoseok," I introduced them. Jimin was really nice and friendly to everyone, except he seemed hesitant to Hoseok. It was good and everyone seemed to like each other. I excused myself to the bathroom. When I came out, Hoseok was there. "Jimin? Seriously?" He grabbed my arm so I couldn't walk away. "I haven't had a conversation with you in a while and this is what you say," I tried to pull away. "You don't know what you're messing with," he warned. "I don't?" I asked sarcastically. "No! He's hooked on dope and he'll only bring you down. Trust me. He isn't in with good people," Hosoek continued but I wasn't listening. "Chae, Jimin's in with traffickers," he tried to plead. "You are too," I spat. "Human. Human traffickers! Seriously, what are you doing?" He wanted to yell but obviously couldn't. I yanked my arm away and went back to the table.